Simon x Reader || Baking

It took me an unreasonably long time to make this, but here. Happy late Black History Month! Again, I'm gonna make a drawing of the photo at the end, so that'll be the picture above once I draw it. I wasn't entirely sure what to do for his personality, so I did something. Again, this is my AU, and none of this is cannon. Anyways enjoy ig :)

Also I made a drawing of his parent's so that's also at the end.

-----------------

A nervous expression crossed my face as I looked up at the small building, the sign reading 'Smith's Bakery'. My hand was squeezed and I looked over to see Simon, a reassuring smile planted across his cheeks. "Come on, (Y/N). I'm sure they'll love you!" He tells me and a small smile replaces my nervous expression. "Are you sure?" I question, earning a nod from the boy. The two of us enter the bakery and a small bell chimes above us. A woman emerges from the kitchen and her eyes light up upon seeing us.

"Oh, Simon!" She cheers, walking over to us. The woman had dark skin and black hair that was pulled up in a bun, her green eyes gleaming in the store's bright lights. She was pretty tall and wore a green and black pencil shirt, a white button up tucked into it. "Hm, who is this with you?" The woman asked, looking at me. Simon wrapped an arm around me. "This is (Y/N), my partner!" He informs her, a large smile on his face. "Oh, (Y/N). I've heard a lot about you from Simon!" She gushes, a small blush forming on her son's face.

"Really?" I chuckle, peering over at Simon. "Mhmm! All good things, of course. My name is Jade Smith, but you may call me Mrs. Smith if you wish," Mrs. Smith tells me and I nod. A man pokes his head out of the kitchen and smiles upon seeing us. "Simon, who's your friend?" He questions and Mrs. Smith turns around. "Oh dear! This is (Y/N)," She introduces and the male smiles. "Well hello, (Y/N)."

The man was short compared to his wife and had a scruffy beard on his dark skin along with dark brown eyes. His fluffy brown hair was laid messily across his head. He wore a white button up, much like his wife, and a black tie along with some black jeans. "I'm Mr. Smith," He says with a friendly smile and holds his hand out to me, which I gladly shake. "So, what brings you here today?" Mrs. Smith questions, tilting her head. "Oh, we wanted to help out with the shop today," Simon tells his parents, who share excited looks.

"That's great, honey. Do you think you could help out with making the cakes? We're kinda short on them at the moment," Mrs. Smith explains with a hopeful look and Simon nods. "Of course! Come on, (Y/N)," He says, gently grabbing my hand and pulling me into the kitchen. His parent's stayed out of the kitchen, most likely to clean up the shop or deal with customers. When we entered the kitchen he let go of my hand and opened a few cabinets, grabbing some ingredients. I helped him place some of them onto the counter.

"Okay, do you know how to bake a cake?" Simon questioned, leaning against the island. A smirk spread across my face. "Do you?" I shot his question back at him. He placed his hand over his heart, pretending to be offended. "Of course I do! I'm offended you would even think that I don't," He smiled down at me. "Pfft- Well, to answer your question, I kinda know how to bake a cake." I tell him, smiling back. "Welp, that's good enough!" Simon says before taking out a big metal bowl.

My eyes look over the ingredients and I stop at the eggs, a childish smile planted on my face. "Ooo! Can I crack the eggs?" I exclaim, gesturing to the white orbs on the counter. Simon glances at the eggs with an amused look, nodding. "Of course, just don't make a mess." He chuckles. The boy poured the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder in before stepping aside, allowing me to reach the bowl. I took one of the three eggs and knocked it against the side of the bowl, accidentally using too much force. The egg cracked open and the yoke slipped onto the table, making me cringe.

Simon let out a chuckle before walking behind me, grabbing my hands while placing his head in the crook of my neck. My face heats up as he picks up another egg and shows me how to properly crack it. The yoke drops into the bowl and he smiles. "See, that wasn't so hard now was it." He teases, stepping away from me. My cheeks were red as I nodded, trying my best not to look at him. I grabbed the other egg as Simon took another out of the fridge, replacing the one that I wasted. I properly cracked the egg this time and he did the same.

The boy put in the rest of the ingredients as I watched, trying to learn. He put the metal bowl underneath the mechanical mixer in the kitchen and let it stir the batter. I decided to put the ingredients away and grabbed the bag of flour, some of the powder spilling onto the counter. The sudden spill gave me an idea and I smirked. I dipped my hands into the flour and turned to look at Simon, his back turned to me. "Hey, Simon!" I called him and he hummed, turning around. I flung my hands at him and flour sprayed across his face, causing him to recoil and stumble back.

"What the-" He was cut off by my chuckling. "Sorry, love." I cooed and kissed his cheek. Simon smirked and wrapped his arms around me, trapping me in his hold. He leaned in and kissed me before pulling back, hearing footsteps approaching the kitchen. I step back as his parents walk in, smiling at us. "Do you need any help? We finished up in the main area!" His mother exclaims, making her way over to us. "Sure, we just finished making the batter," Simon tells her and shuts off the machine, taking the bowl out and placing it on the counter.

"Great! I'll prepare the pan." Mrs. Smith grabbed a pan and sprayed it with pam, lightly dusting it with the flour I forgot to put away. As she did so, Simon groaned, looking at the oven. "I forgot to preheat the oven," He quickly turns on the oven and I snicker at him, amused. He hears me and looks at me with a smirk. "You were just so distracting," He teases me before kissing my cheek. Simon's parents smile at us as a small blush forms on my face.

After pouring the batter and placing the cake in the oven, we decided to make frosting. Simon allowed me to stir the ingredients together, which was a mistake considering a big glob of icing splattered across my face. He chuckled at me and his parents stifled their own laughs. I send Simon a playful glare, whipping some off my face and swiping it across his cheek. He gasps at me before licking it, smiling. "It actually tastes decent," He comments. "Good to know I'm totally failing at this," I say with a smirk, whipping some off my face and tasting it.

Mr. Smith handed me a napkin and I cleaned off my face, throwing it away. The oven rang and Simon took the cake out and placed it on the counter. His parents took the cake out of the pan and started frosting it with the help of their son, meanwhile I watched in awe. It was satisfying to watch. They put a few finishing touches, including me putting a few sprinkles on it. The four of us stared at the finished product with proud looks on our faces, Simon and I high fiving.

"I'm sure our customers will love it! Oh, we should take a picture together with the cake!" Mrs. Smith exclaims, smiling wide. "That's a great idea, honey. Simon, could you please get the camera?" Mr. Smith gestured to the other room and the boy nodded, retrieving the camera. His parents and I stood in silence for a moment before his mother spoke up. "You know, he does talk a lot about you. Sometimes, he comes home smiling and tells us about something you and him did together." She sent me a genuine smile and her husband nodded. "It's quite cute," Mr. Smith adds.

Heat rises to my cheeks and I stumble on my words. "O-oh? Well, I'm glad that I make him happy!" I say before the boy walks back in, placing the camera down on the counter. "I got it," He says, setting the timer and we crowd around each other. Mrs. Smith holds the cake since she is the tallest and her husband places one hand around her waist, the other resting on Simon's shoulder. Said boy pulled me into his side and Mrs. Smith placed a hand on my head. The camera clicked and we released each other, Simon's father pulling the film from inside the camera.

Despite not having the best lighting, the photo turned out pretty good. "It looks great!" Mrs. Smith said, gently taking the photograph from her husband. She turned to me. "If you don't mind, when I develop the photo, I would like to hang it on the bakery's wall," She tells me and I smile at her. "I'm fine with that!". Simon smirks at me and leans in. "You look cute in the photo," He whispers before kissing my cheek, causing me to flush a deep red. "I swear to god, Simon-"