Sundrop x Reader || Protect

TW: Mentions of child abuse.

I have a lot of oneshots that I started and never finished, so that's what I'm working on right now. I keep coming up with ideas faster than I can write all of them, and it's slowly becoming a problem lmao

Also, I have a Micheal x Reader book. Read it please :) Enjoy the oneshot!

-----------------

My hand tightly grips onto my little sister's hand, nervousness raking through my body. The two of us were in the daycare, closing time nearing as parents came to pick up their children. This was the worst time of the day. My mother was always horrible, putting on that whole 'I'm such a great parent' facade in public, but being an absolute asshole at home. I always try to protect my sister from her, but sometimes I can't.

The daycare doors opened to reveal my mother, standing in the doorway with an annoyed expression as she scanned the crowd. She eventually spots us and stomps over to us, grumbling. Instead of greeting us, she simply grabs my sibling's hand, causing them to let out a small yelp. The woman tugs at them and I quickly push her away, enveloping my sister in a hug. She sends me a deathly glare, gritting her teeth. "You little bitch," She seethes at me.

"Leave us alone!" I exclaim, drawing the attention of a few nearby people. They give us concerned looks and my mother tilts her head at me. "You wouldn't want to make a scene, now would you honey?" A sickly sweet smile crawled across her face and I swallowed a lump in my throat, shaking my head. I feel my sibling tighten her grip on my clothing. "Now come with mommy," My mother says through gritted teeth, becoming annoyed.

I don't respond and simply stand in place, sending her a glare. She finally loses her temper and raises her hand. My eyes squeeze shut, bracing myself for an impact that never came. They slowly flutter open in confusion and widen at the scene before me. Standing in front of my mother was Sundrop, the daycare attendant, holding her wrist in place. He loomed over her form with a deathly glare. "We do not tolerate this kind of behavior here, ma'am. I'm going to have to ask you to go with security until CPS arrives," The animatronic says, a chill running down my spine. The daycare attendant's voice is usually full of excitement and happiness, but at the moment it was filled with an oddly malicious calmness.

My mother began to struggle, tugging her hand to no avail. "Let go of me you stupid robot!" She shouts and I can practically see the annoyance in Sundrop's eyes. His grip seems to tighten and I hear a quiet snap, causing my mother to stop struggling. Did he just break my mother's wrist? To be fair, she deserved it. My sister puts her face in the crook of my neck and I can feel small tears dropping onto my skin. A frown stretches across my face and I rub her back, reassuring her that we were okay.

The wooden doors were pushed open and three security guards walked through into the room, earning some attention from other parents. They began whispering amongst themselves and I turned to look at the ground, embarrassed. I could hear my mother's voice yelling at a few of the guards, complaining like she always did. "That robot broke my wrist!! I can sue the company for that, you know!" She never learns. "Ma'am, it seems to me like you're abusing your children. You can go to jail for that, so shut your mouth." One of the officers said.

I looked up to see a woman with blond hair pulled back into a ponytail, a hat on her head with the words 'Security' written across it. Her green eyes were hardened into a glare as she stared at my mother, a scowl on her face. She wore a security outfit, consisting of a white button up shirt and black jeans. My mother knew she was right and closed her mouth, letting a few of the security guards escort her out of the building.

When the large wooden doors closed, the gravity of the situation hit me and tears began to stream down my face. I tightened my grip on my sister, my arms shaking. Suddenly, a pair of cold arms wrapped around my sister and I, causing me to shoot my head up and look at the person behind me. Sundrop's face met mine and I sighed slightly in relief. "It's okay...You'll be okay, I promise." He whispered and I relaxed, knowing I was safe now. My sister went limp against me and soft snores escaped her lips, causing a small smile to spread across my face.

Sudden drowsiness came over me and I leaned against Sundrop's chest, closing my eyes. The animatronic shifted and I felt him pull the two of us into his lap. His larger form cradled the two of us as I slowly dozed off, my sister sleeping against me. The sound of hushed whispers faded away and I fell asleep, darkness clouding my senses.