Michael Afton x Reader || Wallet

Lol hi. I came up with a good idea, so I decided to finally update again. Here's another Michael x Reader.

----------------

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I stuffed my face into my arms, choking down sobs. The cold night air nipped at my skin, flushing my cheeks and letting my breaths out as foggy clouds. I sat underneath the playscape at the park, my only source of light being a nearby lamp post.

I had another fight with my parents. It escalated and I ran out of the house. I didn't really think it through properly, I just didn't want to be near them anymore. My feet led me to the park, so here I sat, underneath one of the play structures sobbing.

"Goddammit." I mumbled, my voice raspy. The sound of footsteps caused me to tense up, squeezing myself into a tighter ball as I turned towards the source. There was a figure, a boy who seemed to be my age, dressed in a black hoodie and ripped jeans. He had an annoyed expression on his face as he stomped towards the play structure, muttering underneath his breath. He didn't seem to notice me as he stalked closer.

I scooted further against the plastic wall, hoping he would just walk past me and not realize I was here. The last thing I wanted to do was talk to a person. Unfortunately, he seemed to be set on my position. When he was close enough, he placed his hand on the plastic stairs above me, crouching down. His face twisted into one of surprise when he saw me, his eyes lingering on my figure.

"Oh, um, hi..." He awkwardly stuttered out, causing me to start fiddling with the sleeves of my sweater. "Hey..." I croaked out. He plopped down onto the ground, the two of us refusing to look at each other as tension built. "So...what brings you here so late?" He questions, breaking the awkward silence. I flickered my gaze over to him, taking in his features.

He had fluffy brown hair sticking out from his hood and blue eyes. He was considerably tall for his age and had a bandage on his cheek, a few other scraps and bruises lining his body. I shrugged, not in the mood to speak to a stranger about my family issues. I stifled, wiping the tears from my face. "Are...you okay?" He asked and I shrugged again, keeping my eyes locked on his figure. Why did he want to talk to me?

"Ah..." He hummed, pressing his lips into a thin line. I squinted. "Why do you want to talk to me?" I questioned and he paused for a moment before shrugging. "I don't know. You're in the spot I usually go to when I have a fight with my father and I don't really know where else to go, so I just decided to talk to you," The boy explained and I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "There are plenty of other spots on the playground. You could go literally anywhere else."

He was silent after that. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Sorry for bugging you," The boy says before standing up, walking away. I watched his figure retreat into the distance and I let out a sigh. "Ugh, why was I so rude to him? He just wanted to make sure I was okay..." I began rethinking the conversation, going over all the things I could've said to have a better outcome.

"Whatever....he was weird anyways." I huffed out, beginning to crawl out from the little space I was in. My hand landed on something leather, causing me to pull it back and inspect the ground. A wallet. Curious, I picked it up, opening it to see if there was any ID. There was none, but there was a photo inside. It was too dark to see anything on it, though.

I stood up with it in my hand, walking over to the lamp post for a source of light. The photo seemed to be of three siblings, two boys and one girl. The girl had orange hair with a red bow in it. She was sitting in the lap of the oldest boy, her hands angled up as she attempted to grab the camera, a pout on her face. The oldest boy had brown fluffy hair, much like the boy I just met, a smirk on his face as he held the camera up, his other arm wrapped around his brother's shoulders, pulling him into his side. The youngest boy had brown hair much like his older brother, but he was much smaller, a slightly distressed look on his face as he was pressed against his brother's side.

Upon closer inspection, I realized that the older boy looked exactly like the guy I just met. I let out a sigh. He must've dropped his wallet when he stood up. "Good going, (Y/N). You were not only rude to that guy, but you made him drop his wallet as well." I muttered to myself, stuffing the wallet in my pocket as I began to make my way back home. I would just look through it once I got home and try to find some contact information. If there wasn't any, I could just turn into the county police and they would do something about it.

Later that night, I sat in my bed skimming over the contents of the wallet. In the back of the wallet was a piece of paper taped to it, the name 'Michael Afton' scribbled onto it. Well, at least I knew his name, but there was no contact information, so I couldn't inform him that I had his wallet.

I let out a sigh and placed it onto my nightstand. I could just take it to the police station after school tomorrow. It was no big deal. I shut off my lamp and rolled over, pulling the sheets over my body. I fell asleep with that boy flooding my brain.

-----------

I sat alone, again. I was eating lunch on one of the many staircases in the school, my tray in my lap as I ate. The boy from yesterday was still in my mind. I felt so bad about being mean to him and making him lose his wallet. He said he got into a fight with his father, so what if he got into more trouble after figuring out he lost his wallet. I let out a quiet groan, scrubbing my face with my hand. It would be fine. The police would be able to identify him or whatever they do and return it.

The sound of voices echoed through the nearby corridor, heading towards the stairs. I kept my eyes glued to my tray, not wanting any unwanted confrontations. As the group of students made their way down the stairs, joking around with each other, somebody playfully shoved the other, causing one of them to bump into me. "Ah, sorry about that." A familiar voice said, moving away from me. I perked up, glancing at the person who bumped into me. It was the boy from last night.

Recognition flashed across his face and he averted his gaze awkwardly. "Ah, it's you." He said quietly. "Oh? You know her, Michael?" One of the boy's behind him questioned, earning a nod in response. "Kind of. Met her last night."

"Um..." I said nervously, standing up before pulling his wallet out of my pocket. "You dropped this last night." I told him, shoving the leather square towards him. His eyes widened slightly and he took it from my hands. "Holy shit. Thanks, dude. My father would've actually killed me if he realized my wallet went missing." He shoved the wallet into his pocket, offering me a smile. My cheeks flushed a little, causing me to look away. He was kind of cute.

"It was no big deal. Sorry about being rude last night. I was just in a bad mood," I told him, fiddling with my sleeves. "Eh, it's fine. I guess I was being kind of creepy. I was just some random stranger attempting to talk to you. I would have been defensive as well." The boy responded and I smiled, looking back up at him. "Yeah. Kind of crazy that we go to the same school, huh?" I pointed out and he nodded with a chuckle. "Yeah, it is kind of crazy."

One of Michael's friends suddenly tapped his shoulder, catching his attention. "Let's go, dude. We need to grab Mark's stuff, remember." He said and Michael perked up. "Ah, yeah. Well, I guess I'll see you around. Bye," He waves to me, following his friends down the stairs. "Yeah, bye." I waved back, watching him disappear around the corner. I sat back down, our conversation replaying in my head. I blushed slightly, covering my cheeks. Michael was pretty attractive.

A moment later, said boy popped his head around the corner, looking up at me from his place at the bottom of the staircase. "I forgot to ask you for your name," He said, a small smile placed on his lips. I couldn't stop a matching smile from spreading across my face as I stared down at him. "It's (Y/N)."

He let out a content huff. "Well, okay then, (Y/N). I'll see you around." And then he disappeared again, leaving me with a fuzzy feeling in my chest.