Monty x FTM! Animatronic! Reader || Hair

Requested by @leaf_2008! Thanks for the request! I wasn't really sure how to incorporate a FTM! Reader in the plot, but I tried my best! I hope you enjoy it.

------------------

(Y/N) dried off his customer's hair, her short blue locks falling from the towel. The girl looked in the mirror, smiling. She turned in the chair to look at the animatronic. "Thank you, ma'am!" She exclaimed, smiling innocently. The animatronic felt his face drop, frowning down at the girl. "It's actually sir, sweetie.." (Y/N) told the girl, his smile returning. The girl perked up, guilt washing over her. "Oh. I'm sorry, sir.." She apologized, looking up at the animatronic. He smiled, patting her head. "It's fine, now go show your friends your cool new hair!" The girl giggled and jumped out of the chair, running out of the salon with a smile.

The animatronic watched the girl with a smile of his own. His eyes lingered on the door, a bit bored from the lack of customers. He was about to go to the back and reorganized some supplies until he heard the door jingle open. (Y/N) quickly turned around, a smile on his metal face. "Welcome to- Oh, Monty!" He exclaimed, excited to see his alligator friend. (Y/N)'s eyes quickly went to his hair, causing him to giggle slightly. The alligator's signature red mohawk was dyed a neon orange, grown out slightly. Monty held an annoyed look on his face as he made his way over to (Y/N).

"What happened to your hair, Monty?" (Y/N) questioned, leading the gator over to a chair. "Ugh! The staff thought it would be a great idea to let the kids do our hair and they did this!" He explained, gesturing to his glowing orange hair. (Y/N) began giggling, finding his little outburst cute. Monty blushed in embarrassment, looking at the male. "(Y/N) stop! It's not funny!" The gator shouted, flustered. The animatronic calmed down slightly, covering his mouth. "It kinda is. I mean your hair is glowing!" He exclaimed, brushing his hand through it. "I know! That's why I came here!" Monty stated, huffing.

"Okay, okay. Come with me to the wash station." (Y/N) grabbed the gator's hands, pulling him over to the sinks. He sat down on another chair, his head hanging over a faucet. "Don't move, I don't want any water to seep into your endoskeleton," The salonist explains, turning on the faucet. (Y/N) was built specifically for doing hair, including washing it, so his exterior is water resistant. However, the other animatronics are vulnerable to liquid, so when doing their hair, he has to be careful. Monty was a bit of a special case though. He was built to be slightly water resistant considering he is an alligator, but (Y/N) doesn't want to take any chances.

(Y/N) ran Monty's long mohawk under the cold water, cheap orange dye flooding from his hair. "This is so cheap, why didn't the Staff just take some dye from my Salon?" He asked, running his hands through the other's hair. "Well, they didn't want it to permanently dye our hair and I certainly wouldn't let them do that," The gator explained, causing (Y/N) to giggle. "Fair."

Monty closed his eyes as (Y/N) stroked his hair, the temperature in his green cheeks rising. Silence fell amongst the two animatronics, but neither of them minded, just enjoying each other's company. Monty felt calmed by (Y/N)'s presence, although he would never admit that. (Y/N) always felt accepted around Monty, especially when it came to his gender identity. Many customers and staff members didn't care to listen when he asked to be redesigned as a male or referred to as such, but Monty did. The alligator always did his best to make him feel accepted and loved.

(Y/N) finished washing out the orange dye, a small stain still present in the red mohawk. "Hey Monty, I'm going to go get some red dye. I'll be back in a second," He informed his friend, leaning over. The gator hummed in response, keeping his eyes closed. (Y/N) stared at him for a moment before snatching his star sunglasses, placing them on his own face. "Hey!" Monty shouted, snapping his eyes open to glare at him. (Y/N) smirked at him, pulling down the glasses before winking, pushing them back up and turning away. Blush was present on both animatronics as (Y/N) walked towards the back, grabbing the red dye.

He came back and opened the red dye, squirting it in his hand before covering the gator's hair in it. Monty stared at (Y/N), a small glare on his face. The animatronic noticed his gaze, looking down at him with a smirk. "What?" He asked with a teasing tone. The gator rolled his red eyes, scoffing. "I hate you." This caused (Y/N)'s smirk to widen, the animatronic leaning down closer to his friend. "You love me," He stated. The two stared at each other for a moment, noses almost touching. The gator suddenly reached up and grabbed his glasses from (Y/N)'s face, placing them on his snout.

(Y/N) chuckled and stood back up, continuing to do his hair. When the dye completely covered his long mohawk, he tied it back into a small ponytail. He walked in front of the gator. "You can sit up normally now, the dye has to set in," (Y/N) told his friend, walking over to the front counter and setting an alarm for ten minutes. Usually hair dye has to sit in hair from 20-40 minutes, possibly longer, but since his hair was already dyed, it didn't have to sit for as long.

As (Y/N) walked back, the gator sat up, looking over to his friend. "So, how's it been here at the salon?" He asked. "Oh, it's been pretty good. There have been a few incidents where customers got rude when I told them about my pronouns, but other than that it's been good!". Monty seemed a bit ticked off about that, but kept quiet about it. "Well, I can talk to Vanessa about changing your design and since she's head of security, maybe she could do something..." The gator suggested, causing (Y/N) to perk up.

"Wait, you can actually do that!?" He exclaimed, gripping the gator's arm. "I can try," He said, smiling at his friend. A large smile spread across (Y/N)'s metal face as he pulled Monty into a hug. "Thanks Monty!" He exclaimed, pulling away. "Anytime Rockstar." The timer suddenly went off and (Y/N) silenced it, making Monty lay down again as he began washing out the dye.

A man walked through the doors of the salon, causing (Y/N) to whip his head over to the door. "Welcome! I'll be with you in a minute, sir!" He exclaimed, turning his attention back to Monty. "Ugh. Shut it, lady." The gator's eyes snapped over to the man, a glare present on his face. That dude must be in a bad mood. "Um, I'm actually a male, sir..." (Y/N) corrected, awkwardly smiling. The man scoffed. "Your design shows that you're clearly a woman!" He stated, gesturing the animatronic's body. "Um-" Monty suddenly sat up, stalking towards the male as water dripped down his back.

"Monty the water-" (Y/N) shouted, worried. "It's fine (Y/N), I'm an alligator." He said, glaring down at the man. "I suggest you leave." The man stared up at the gator in annoyance. "Why would I-" He began, getting cut off by a small growl. "Leave!" Monty said in a stern voice, startling the man. He quickly made his way out of the room, staring at the alligator the entire time. Monty scoffed at the door, irritated.

Sudden pressure on his back made him whip his head around, seeing (Y/N). "What are you doing?" He questioned, heat rising to his cheeks. The animatronic looked up at his friend, towel in hand. "I'm wiping the water off your back. I don't want you to malfunction," He explained, going back to scrubbing the water off. He eventually placed the towel on the gator's head, attempting to dry the water. Monty took the towel from him, drying his hair.

(Y/N) stared at Monty for a moment. "Thank you for...you know," The salonist said, glancing away. The alligator made his way over to him, smiling. "Like I said before, anytime Rockstar." He placed the used towel on his friend's head, causing (Y/N) to snatch it off his head with a sarcastic 'ew' and throw it at Monty. The gator smirked playfully at the smaller animatronic. "You wanna start something?" He asked, leaning down to (Y/N)'s level. The animatronic matched his smirk, crossing his arms. "Maybe I do..".

-------------------

I have a few more oneshots in the making currently, so look out for those! One of them is another Monty x Reader cause y'all simps for this alligator like damn.