Chapter 13

Kiara

"There's no need for you all to stay here and be late." I say for the hundredth time.

"No, we can't just leave you here." Ezra disagrees. "We'll wait till the driver comes." He tries to reason.

"They're right Kiara." Noah agrees. "It isn't going to hurt the team if I'll be late for a few minutes"

I don't want them to wait here with me and miss their things they've got to do. Just because of me. They can go, I can wait by myself till the driver reaches.

As I was going to reply, Felix's phone rang. He excused himself and went to the corner of the building away from us to answer the call.

"Dobbiamo andare Ezra. Quel bastardo è scappato. Cerca la sua posizione in macchina." Felix says to Ezra when he returns.

I scrunch up my eyebrows at what Felix said to Ezra. 'We gotta go, Ezra. That bastard escaped. Search his location in the car.'

Huh? What? Who escaped? What bastard? I keep on thinking, confused.

Felix's voice broke me out of my daze.

"Noah, keep Kiara company till the driver comes and directly go to practice, don't go wandering around." Felix orders Noah.

Noah raised his hands in surrender. "I won't wander off anywhere. I swear." He nods sincerely.

I laugh at his ridiculousness.

"Felix! Let's go." Ezra calls Felix from the car.

"Kiara, can I ask you a question?" Noah asks, once they were gone.

"Yes." I nod.

"I'm genuinely curious, why are you mean to the others but not me." Noah questions, curiously.

I sigh before answering. "Because you were also almost as small as me during the time of the..separation. So I don't blame you for it. It's not your fault."

"I get your point." He pauses. "But why are you mean to the rest of our brothers? I don't understand why. They did nothing wrong."

"You're wrong, they did. Dad let me be taken away by mom. He didn't even properly say goodbye or assured me that I'd ever see him again. Same with our brothers." I scoff.

"You know, I woke up on a plane, scared as fuck. The news hit me hard that dad or our brothers didn't want anything to do with me. I cried for days." My voice tightened.

"Wait what? That's not what happened." Noah's forehead furrowed.

"Can we please talk about this at home."

"Kiara, you need to know that what you think isn't the truth. The truth is-"

I stopped him. "You've been fed lies, Noah. Look, the driver is here. Can we talk about this later?" He nodded solemnly, deep in thought.

"Kiara, I know that you have been rampaging in my closet! Most of my hoodies have disappeared." Noah hollered me.

"Guilty." I smile at him. "Ta-ta, see you later." I closed the car door.