Chapter 15

Kiara

A knock on my door startled me out of my breakdown. "Kiara?" I hear Aaron's voice.

I tried not to tremble as I spoke. "Yes?"

My door knob rattled indicating that he was going to come in my room. In hurry I quickly wiped off my tears and tried to look as normal as possible. But the puffy redness on my face would like to differ.

"Kiara open the door. It's locked." Aaron said.

"Eh... yes coming!"

I opened the door, allowing Aaron to enter inside. As I was looking everywhere but at Aaron to avoid questions if I was crying, I noticed the photos still on my bed.

My eyes went as big as saucers and my whole body on red alert. I hastily turned over to Aaron and hugged him tightly. Turning us around and making him face the door.

"Kiara, what's wrong with you? You have been acting weird." Aaron questioned.

"It's nothing to worry about."

I would be a fool if I even utter a word about this situation I'm in. I don't want them to interfere in my life. They've caused me enough damage. And I don't want to be more of a burden than I already am.

"Then let me see what's on the bed." He was getting suspicious of my actions.

Hell no. I can't let him see the photos. Never.

Aaron tried to get out of my embrace but I clutched him even more tighter. What can I do? I need a cover up? Think mind, think.

"Aaron," I gritted. "It's a girl thing. It's a um a girl thing not for guys."

I tried. That's the only thing I could come up with at the moment. I wanted slap myself for the lame excuse.

"Okay." He said not fully convinced. "I'll turn around, till then wind up your girl thing."

I gather up all the photos and put them in a corner of my closet. My closet was big enough that no one could find those photos in a dark corner.

I crawl back into the warmth of my bed. And look at the huge silhouette of my brother sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Yes," I said. "Why are you here?"

He scanned my face before answering. It was very obvious that he knew I was crying before.

"Nothing much I just wanted to check on you." He shrugged.

"Now that you have checked on me can you go?" I gestured towards the door.

"I would have gone but it doesn't look like you are okay. Your eyes and cheeks are puffy and red." He folded his arms. "So in conclusion you are not okay."

"I am okay."

I was convincing myself more than Aaron. I looked up and blinked away the tears coming from a mere 'are you okay?' I knew deep down I was far from okay but I wasn't ever going ever admit that.

-×-

How long has he been alive? How long has he been stalking me? How could I be so stupid and think he was dead. Obviously that wasn't enough to kill him.