Chapter 8

Kiara

"Wake up!" A familiar voice violently shook me. I looked up to see who it was.

"Arghh Noah let me sleep!" I whined, shoving my face into my pillow.

"You can sleep after dinner." He tried to reason.

Food

"I'm up, I'm up." I say jumping out of bed. Noah chuckles at me. I throw a pillow in his face as revenge for waking me up.

"Hey!" He grabs a pillow and throws it at me.

"Pillow fight." I announce. Picking up the fallen pillow and throwing it back at him.

We throw pillows at each other back and forth for almost seven minutes. Until he grabs two of the pillows. I look down in my hand and see only one tiny pillow.

"That's cheating." I say. He only chuckles darkly at me.

"No" He bamboozles me by hitting me with the pillows.

"NO" I yell laughing, trying to catch my breath.

As I was going to fall on the floor I grabbed Noah's hand making us both fall on the floor.

"If we go down, then we go down together" I say in a sing-song voice.

He started laughing and I joined him. We were laughing like idiots, until Declan hollered us.

We both talked rubbish on the way to the dining table. Noah sat beside Aaron leaving me to sit in the vacant seat beside my most favorite brother, Felix.

Great. Just great.

Servants placed our plates filled with food and bowls of food on the table. I thanked the lady who gave me my plate, she smiled in return.

I dig into my food. I hope I can eat dinner in peace, with no type of socializing.

"Kiara, school will start in a week." Declan informs me from the head of the table.

There goes my precious plan.

I nod. Aaron and Declan discuss business. The rest are on their phones. I fish my phone out of my pocket. And scroll through insta, taking small bites of my food.

As I was about to get up Felix stopped me. "Finish your veggies first." He yanks me back in my chair.

"Nope, I'm done, my stomach is packed, look." I poke my stomach.

"Fucking finish it."

"But they are so fucking ugly and disgusting." I scrunch my nose up in disgust.

"Language, both of you." Declan reminds us.

All of them, even Declan, were watching us with amusement on their ugly faces.

I scoff.

They are watching us like it's some soap opera. The opera's name is 'Forcing Kiara to eat fugly veggies' ft Felix Russo.

I act as if I'm eating it instead I play with the veggies, poking them. I pay more attention to my phone than my veggies cause why not.

"Kiara, eat it." Declan says sternly. Felix glares at me, I glare back at him. I shove the veggies through my throat, trying to not puke.

-×-×-

I notice the origami butterflies on the closet door.

"Arghh" I threw the origami papers on the floor. I cross my arms in a criss-cross way, pouting. Tears well up in my eyes because of frustration. I start to sob.

"Tesoro, why are you crying?" Declan picks me up. And wipes the tears off my face. I continue to cry.

He looks down at the mess. "What happened?" I put my arms around his neck and hugged him while still crying.

He sits down on my bed. "Tell me who made you cry, I'll kill them." He blows raspberries on my stomach.

I giggle, tears starting to stop. "But you can't kill mommy, can you?" I ask him.
He sighs, muttering something under his breath.

"What did she say to you?"

"She," I hiccup. "She said that I'm dumb and have no crea- creativini." I snuggle in the crook on his neck.

"Creativity?" He asks. I nod.

"I'll tell you a secret, do you wanna know it?" I wanna know a secret. "Yeah." I say excited.

"Well one mommy is dumb and she doesn't have any creativity."

"Really!" He nods.

"And second you my tesoro are smart and have lots of creativity." He says.

"How much?" I look up at Declan from his neck.

He opens his arms imitating how much. "That much!" I gasp

"Yes."

"Whoa"

"Now, tell me why you threw the papers." He asks.

"I was trying to make bu-urflies to show mommy that I'm not dumb and and have creativini. But I can't make it" I lisp.

"I will help you make it. So no crying, okay?" He gives me a smile. I nod at him grinning.

I can finally show mommy that I'm not dumb and have lots of creativity!

__

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt something wet on my face. I touched it, checking I was actually crying. I looked at the tears on my fingers.

"Oh"

I lay on the bed counting the stars on the ceiling, overwhelmed by the things I wished I didn't think about. I try to control my silent sobs.

It's not. I hiccup. It's not the same as it was.