03| Platonic soulmate

Start from the beginning

"Wow, so would it be correct to say that your family comes from like old-money back in Italy? If so, that must have been really helpful for you to debut as an actress? You wouldn't have to face struggles just because of who you are? The host asked, his eyes narrowing, with a taunting smile. 

I tensed

I knew exactly what he was up to. 

He was trying to make me admit that I was just another product of nepotism.

He was not wrong at all, I would have been leading a polar opposite life if had not been taken by my parents.

However here's the thing: Nepotism got me where I am. Nepotism brought me the spotlight. Nepotism brought me attention: good and bad.

With my father's doing, I got mixed with unnecessary and unhelpful connections that scarred me.

Everything was handed to me on a sliver spoon with severe consequences. 

But, I didn't want people to assume my father bought me an entire career, I worked my ass for my own reputation and spotlight. Oh, but who am I kidding? People will always assume the worst even if the truth is out and is far from what they assumed. 

Might as well just roll with it, no point in fighting it.

This host was to nosy for my liking and I didn't fucking like it one bit.

I cleared my throat and scoffed. The interview's eyes widened a bit but he proceeded to look down at some sheet of paper to avoid eye contact. My legs stopped bouncing.

"Yes that would be correct, during the initial times my father helped me when I was still a rookie in this industry, he helped me a lot in the start of my career, I'm very thankful and grateful for him." I replied, the words tasted like acid in my mouth, but I swallowed it which immediately which caused a burning sensation in my throat. 

"Damn Carla I have to say, you seem to have it all━ an excellent reputation, a loving and supporting family, a pretty face, and a kind personality. It all seems to be picture perfect what you have, a picture perfect life ." My eyes narrowed, I simply froze. 

Then I let out a sigh, a deep sigh. 

I've had it with people assuming things about me. 

It was starting to feel suffocating again, I've had enough assumptions about me for a day. 

I wanted to call it a day and get the fuck out of here, I needed a break to breathe.

So instead of calling him out and putting him in his place, I forced myself to smile and nod.

Like the classy elegant pretty little girl I portrayed myself to be.

I didn't like this stupid host's comment, he thought he was talking some deep shit about this glamourous celebrity lifestyle I have, but in reality he was just attempting to analyze almost every aspect of my life and dissect it for likes and views. 

Well, fuck him. 

No one really knows what I had to do to get to the fucking top.