Force of Habit

Now it was just me and JJ

"Why aren't you going with them?" I asked

" I'm sick remember " he said with a smirk

" Ah yes anything to get away from your girlfriend oh wait I mean fuck buddy"

"Kie are you serious?"

"Yes JJ I know how you are" i said getting up to walk away.

But instead I got pulled right back down on the log.

"It's not like that kie, not at all" he said still holding onto my arm.

"I don't know if I can believe you"

I pulled my arm from his grip and stared at the fire.

" Kie come on talk to me"

"I can't!" I snapped

"I can't do this JJ i can't look at you, I can't talk to you, and i certainly can't be near you I'm sorry but we can't be friends.. i thought I could but I can't. at least not now I need time JJ"

I can't because as I'm sitting here looking at him all I wanna do is kiss him. I'm still in love with him. But he's been moving on, he hurt me , and I'm leaving at the end of summer.

"Kie please im sorry I know we're both trying to move on but I miss you .. please let's just have this one night .. one night together to catch up and I'll leave you alone I promise"

"I don't know JJ you really hurt my feelings"

"I know I'm so sorry baby-"

"Don't call me that" I interrupted

"I'm sorry, just force of habit I guess.. come on kie let's just talk"

"Fine" was all I said but it brought a smile to his face.

"So tell me all about school how was it make any friends?" He asked

"We'll yeah kinda there are these girls I hang lot with .. Becca , Jen , and Lila but Jen is kinda of a bitch" I said and he started laughing

"Wow shocker" he said making me roll my eyes

" It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be the school itself is really nice so are the teachers the uniforms are really annoying though .. the food isn't that great sometimes it's really stale and-" I stopped myself realizing I was rambling.

"Sorry that stuff doesn't really matter" I said looking down.

"No no keep going if it matters to you it matters to me. Now how stale was the food like did it taste like it got left out for a couples hours or a couple days?!?" He said making me smile

"Days!" I said and we both laughed

"Now really enough about me .. what's been going on with you lately JJ.. they told me you haven't been hanging out with them lately and that you've been a dick"

"We'll they're not lying .. when you left everything just felt different I just felt sad all the time and I could sense them getting annoyed every time I didn't tell them why I just felt like burden and being with them was just a reminder that you weren't there.. I know it was wrong I'm going to apologize"

He said and I nodded

"Why didn't you come over the night I got back" I questioned not knowing if I wanted the answer

"Honestly I don't know .. a part of it was me telling my self you don't want to see me and another was me .. I wasn't sure if I was ready to see you and hear all about your new life" he said sadly

"I'm sorry Kie it's just our break up has been so hard on me and even harder because I've had no one to talk to about it"

" No I get it, it's been really hard on me too"

"Really?"

"Yeah and when you weren't there when I showed up  at John B's .. it broke me even more and when I saw you with Blake I just got so angry"

" I know baby I'm so sorry it was so stupid of me and I promise you Blake means nothing to me" he said using the nickname again this time I didn't stop him .

"It's okay.. you're here now.." i said and he gave me a small smile .

"How about we go get our boards and go for a little night surf?" He asked

" I would but my board is at my house "

" No biggie let's go run and grab it I'll come with" he suggested

" Really"

"Yeah let's go"

And with that we got in my car and headed to my house to get my surfboard.

Okay maybe my surfboard wasn't the only reason.