beach

Brad and I stay outside, watching the sunset go down, as I lay on his lap peacefully

"Are you hungry? Meredith called us about an hour and half ago." Brad chuckles

I shake my head "I'm not hungry."

"Is there anything bothering you?" Brad's gentle fingers comb back my hair

Yes, my husband is a leader in the most horrid war in all of history.

"No."

He sighs "I wish you would be honest with me my darling."

I knew he didn't want to hear me complain about his work again, so I sit up and fake a smile at him.

"I promise you, I'm fine." I kiss his cheek

He smiles back at me as I pull away

"Let's go to the beach." He suggests

I raise an eyebrow "Now?"

He nods "Yes, now."

"Brad, it's nearly eight o'clock at night."

He smiles and kisses my forehead "Get your swimsuit and meet me in the car in ten minutes." He get's up and walks into his house

I sit there, gaping at him until I can't see him anymore. Unaware if he is joking or not, after a minute passes and I realize he wasn't, I get up and run inside his house and run up to my room.

I change my dress into a pure white dress with cherry blossom floral print and pair it with baby pink heels. I take my hair out of it's bun and let it fall in it's natural waves. I take off my makeup and take one of the beach bags in my closet and fill it with lady needs and sunscreen. Even though it was dark, you never know.

I rush down the stairs and climb into Brad's car

Brad was dressed into his blue swimming shorts, showing off his toned legs, he paired it with a see through white shirt. I almost narrow my eyes at him, he was so attractive.

He smiles as he see's me and scoots over to me

"Ready?" He asks me, kissing my cheek

I nod, blushing

He nods at the driver through the mirror and he starts to drive, the guards move out of the way as the luxurious black Porsche leaves the premises.

The drive to the shore took more than an hour, but I didn't mind. With Brad clutching onto my hand the entire time and with the window down, my hair flowing with the wind. I could smell the salty sea, it made me smile, remembering the times when Beth and I took our almost daily trips down to Long Island beach in the summer. We took a thirty minute train ride, holding onto our beach bags tightly. We jump off the train with our flip flops slapping the ground harshly as we race off the shore.

"I bet I can get there first!" Beth shouts after me

I laugh at my best friend, knowing that I was a good two feet in front of her "You wish!" I yell over my shoulder

**

"Darling, we're here." Brad touches my shoulder, snapping me out of my daydream

I nod and walk out as Brad's driver opens the door for us

Brad holds our bags, and I take in the view

Before me was the most beautiful beach I'd ever seen. It was empty, no one except us. The orange sunset was beyond lovely, how the orange sun glowed on the cool blue and white ocean. The harsh waves crashing onto the cold sand. The temperature was cool and just right for a night at the beach. It wasn't too hot or too cold.