Chapter Thirty Two | Do Find True Friends

"Are you ready?" Mia asked, sitting on the edge of Chloe's giant bed.

Mia had spent the night, not wanting to leave Chloe's side. She had to make up for the lost time. Even though it wasn't her fault. She couldn't bear to leave Chloe alone at a time like this.

Thankfully she still had a change of clothes, makeup, and everything else she needed here from when they were still friends.

After a long cry fest, the girls were good again. Everything that has happened in the last few months has been forgotten. Yeah, harsh things were said, but they were influenced by Ana and her parade of evil.

Now it was morning, and time to go back to school.

Everything in Chloe wanted to stay home. She didn't go. She didn't want to see everybody laughing and pointing at her.

There were probably posters of the embarrassing horrid moment plastered all around the school.

Sure Mia said that Peter and his boys will take care of it. But how much could she actually do?

And sure her dad had been on all night with lawyers and their social media experts trying to delete all videos or photographic evidence, but how well can they do that?

And even more so, Chloe, her mom, and Mia spent hours coming up with a plan on how to interact and ignore everybody, acting like they're the bigger person. But how well can she actually do that?

Saying they'll do one thing and actually doing it is another. Chloe is sure once she sees anybody look at her wrong, she will break down.

And who knows what happens when she sees Ana? Just thinking about Ana makes her blood burn and have a desire to hit something.

That's not an image she wants to come true. She lasted this long without resorting to violence. She won't go there.

Now more than ever, she has to take the high road and be a better person.

"Chloe?" Mia asked, her voice light with worry.

Chloe shook her head, breaking out of her thoughts, "Yeah, right. Let's go."

She walked over to her desk where Mia had gently set down her bag yesterday. Mia even took a step above to restock it with comfy clothes and didn't go digging.

Chloe absolutely hated it when people go through her stuff. It doesn't matter who it is. Nobody is allowed to go through her stuff.

With that thought, she grabbed her bag and threw it over her shoulder. She gave Mia a small smile, trying to show that all was good.

Though that felt like the furthest from the truth.

The girls walked down to the car, holding hands to give comfort. But Chloe felt like it was a bit more of Mia making sure she wouldn't wander off.

The car ride to school was in silence. Mia looked over at her a few times with a squeeze to her hand and a soft smile, giving her the comfort she needed.

The next thing Chloe knew, they arrived at the school. Way too quick for her liking. Chloe's throat started to close in, anxiety showering her.

"We can do it. We'll do it together," Mia said, giving Chloe a smile and another hand squeeze.

Chloe took a deep and nodded, giving a light smile again.

The driver came around and opened the door, allowing the girls to walk out. It was important for Chloe to step out first, to show her strength.

Chloe's right foot hit the ground and the people hanging outside the school got silent.

And once she was fully out of the car, all eyes were on her, some people were holding their breath, and some were whispering.