Chapter Thirty One | Do Talk it Out

"Come on, let's get you washed up a bit," Mia said with her hand at the small of Chloe's back, leading her into the bathroom, over to the sink.

There's not a shower in here, and she knows Chloe wouldn't want to take one here in this public space, even if Mia had triple-locked the doors.

Nor would she want to shower in front of Mia anyway. She never has, never wanted Mia to see her body.

But that's not a problem for right now.

Right now, she needs to get Chloe cleaned up, changed, and back home. Safe and away from childish high school drama.

She grabbed a towel out of the towel warmer and brought it over to Chloe. She lightly washed off her face and rubbed it through her hair. Just want to take off the big chunks.

Chloe just stood there. Not moving a muscle, a shocked, scared, and traumatized look on her face. She barely even blinked, or once looked at Mia.

After cleaning off her face and hair, she went over to Chloe's bag to find a change of clothes so they could get back to her house and properly wash up.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Chloe flinch as she dug through her bag. She settled down once as Mia pulled out sweats and a hoodie.

A tone down from her usual public look, but the perfect lazy, not the feel-good, incognito outfit.

Mia brought the clothes over to Chloe and pointed her in the direction of the bathroom stalls, allowing her to change in private.

Once in the bathroom stall, Chloe finally regained consciousness and became alert to what was around her.

"I'm so sorry," Chloe said, pulling the hoodie over her soggy and smelly hair and over her body. Then redid her thick hair and put it up in a messy bun.

"You don't need to apologize, Chloe," Mia said from the other side of the door.

"Yes I do," Chloe responded, opening the door and walking towards her. "I have been nothing but awful to everybody. But especially you. You didn't deserve any of it. You didn't ask for any of it."

"That is true. But it's not the problem right now. Let's get you changed, and then home. Then I can run a bath for you," Mia said, her voice soft with care.

Chloe laughed, "I feel too gross for a bath. How about you just hose me down outside."

Mia laughed as well, "let's just get going before halftime. Escape with the least amount of people to see."

"Like that can happen. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole world hasn't already seen it," Chloe said in a flat voice, opening the door to face Mia.

Just like her voice sounded, she had a calm concerned look on her face. "Don't worry about it, Peter and his guys are out making people delete all video evidence. He's making the techy guys send in requests to destroy all live streams and posts."

Chloe wanted to ask if the guys included Dallon. But she probably already knew the answer.

He wouldn't be doing anything to help her out. He was probably on the whole covering her in a rotten mess.

Come to think of it, she wasn't sure if she saw him on the field. She didn't get a chance to look at the team before she rushed out to follow Ana and those girls.

"Ready?" Mia asked, pulling Chloe's bag over her shoulder.

Chloe looked over at the vanity and saw nothing there. Mia must have packed everything up when she was changing. Chloe felt her heart squeeze, thankful for her.