37

Penelope Atwoods

Watching the film reminded me of all the moments Harry and I shared whilst filming those scenes, and it hurt.

It was a great film though, they did a great job editing it and when it finished, there was a standing ovation which was well deserved. Everyone seemed to love it, and I was incredibly proud of all the work we all put into it, knowing it paid off is more relieving than ever.

There was an afterparty afterwards, and a free bar, which didn't end well. I think my plan for the evening was to cure my aching heart with alcohol, which hasn't seemed to work in my favour. Now I'm sat at the bar with my head in my hands, trying to stop the world from spinning, and it's after 4 in the morning.

Somebody sat in the chair next to me, and I knew it wasn't Sarah because Bondy took her home. She accompanied me drinking tonight, only she has a guy who actually cares about her to make sure she got home okay. Bondy offered to take me too, but I said no, for some stupid reason.

The person next to me slid s glass of what looked like water over to me, which caused me to lift my head only to be met with the sight of Harry sitting there, one elbow perched up on the bar top, the other on top of the back of the chair as he offered me a friendly smile.

"Go away," I mumbled, rolling my eyes and taking a drink from the glass of water he passed me.

"Time for home, Pen? It's 4.30." He chuckled, mumbling so,etching to the barman after. I just rolled my eyes though, unsure of what exactly to say to him right now. "I know you don't want to see me right now, just let me take you home so I know you got there safely, alright? I've not had anything to drink tonight Penelope, let me know you got home okay."

"I'll walk." I sighed, standing up to head out the doors to walk home, despite my heels causing me a great feel of pain, I was determined to walk rather than let Harry take me. However I got as far as the door before I felt his presence behind me. "Harry, leave me alone."

"You forgot your bag, Penny." He chuckled, opening the door and also passing me my clutch at the same time.

"Don't call me that." I said, taking my bag from him as I headed out.

Penny is what Timmy called me, and Timmy was an asshole. Harry had all these sweet nicknames for me, and he doesn't get to pretend everything's okay just because I'm drunk and unable to think straight. He used to get angry when people would call me Penny, because they weren't as close as Harry and I were. Now Harry and I aren't close anymore, so he doesn't get to call me Penny.

"Sorry," he pressed his lips together. "Penelope, just let me take you home, okay? That's all. You can not walk half an hour alone in those shoes, we'll be there in five minutes. You've just got to deal with me for five whole minutes Penelope, that's it."

I sat myself down on the curb, lifted my dress up a little so I could undo the buckles on my heels to take them off, because I was determined to walk home. I failed though, I couldn't undo the buckle so I just gave up and sat there defeated, wondering what on Earth I was going to do.

Harry laughed a little before crouching down in front of me, and I was too tired to even put up a fight. He started to take my heels off for me, and when I flinched at his touch, he promised me that was all he was going to do, help me get my shoes off.

"C'mon," he smiled, standing up in front of me holding his free hand out to me, the other hand was holding my shoes and his car keys. "Penelope, please let me take you home, give me some peace of mind that you're alright."

"I'm not." I mumbled, however to make things easier, I grabbed his hand with a sigh and stood up.

I could tell Harry thought about those words a lot more than I did, but I dropped his hand as soon as I made it up to my feet, and let him guide me to his car. I wish things were different, I wish we were going home together, all happy and smiley, but we're not. Harry hurt my feelings and I just don't trust him.