15

Penelope Atwoods

I heard Harry's car horn outside, 7.59 PM on the dot.

This time, I was ready on time so that Harry didn't have to come knocking on my door all angry like he usually does. I have no idea what his plans are for his evening, so I settled with high waisted denim shorts and a red t-shirt tucked in. My hair was half up half down, and I was just wearing a pair of red high top converse to match my t-shirt too.

I didn't get ready with excitement coursing through my veins, instead, I was slightly irritated that I wasn't going to be spending my evening alone, in the bath with a book, and a large glass of wine. Instead, I'll be stuck in the company of a man who has done nothing but earn his spot in my bad books.

As soon as I heard his car horn I headed outside. He was looking freakishly laid back, one hand on the wheel, the other resting on the passenger seat and when he heard my front door click shut, he smiled and got out of his car. I was confused, until he opened the passenger door for me and acted all gentlemanly.

I never said a word when I sat down in his car, Harry however, hopped in with a smile and hit the okay button in his stereo system. Coincidentally, it was 'Ain't No Sunshine', that started to play and Harry looked at me like that coincidence, was not really a coincidence at all.

"What?" Harry asked, a slightly chuckle as he started driving.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"Ain't no sunshine when she's gone...and she's always gone too long," Harry sang with a smirk. "C'mon Pretty Penny, give me something."

"Timmy used to call me Pretty Penny." I said bluntly, a sly dig at how he and his friends are all the same.

"Yeah, and I gave him the name, pretty woman." Harry said, again, his eyes lit up as he pressed the forward button on the stereo which started to play 'Pretty Woman'. Harry was really pleased with himself, I however, just shook my head again. "Pretty woman, walkin' down the street...Pretty woman, the kind I like to meet,"

Harry makes things difficult, I've been holding back a smile for the past two minutes and each time Harry gives me a little side eyed glare, it becomes a whole lot harder. His voice fits these songs too, and I didn't know Harry could sing, but my god, he can sing.

He really was giving it his all, driving down these quiet streets singing away like there was no tomorrow. However, as much as his singing voice almost makes me forget just how much I'm supposed to hate him right now, if this is all he's dragged me out the house for, then I might hate him a little more.

"Pretty woman look my way, Pretty woman say you'll stay with me..." Harry sang, pulling over into a gas station, and when he stopped the car, applied the handbrake, he looked over at me with that devilish grin. "'Cause I need you, I'll treat you right, Come with me baby, be mine tonight..."

With a quick wink, Harry pulled the keys from the ignition and hopped out to get his gas. We were the only ones there, and Harry stood with the pump in his hand humming away to Pretty Woman. I just sat trying not to look him trying to fight myself from smiling and letting him have the satisfaction.

"Back in a sec, sweet cheeks." Harry said, setting the pump back on the stand and waltzing off into the gas station.

I could see him chatting to the woman behind the counter with a smile on his face, the two of them gave me a little wave and I was confused until I remembered just who Harry Styles is. I forget that Harry must go for gas all the time and have people recognise him, he does mundane things over here and people jump straight into boosting his already extremely inflamed ego. He must love it.