48

Harry Styles

Once again, heaven.

Penelope was asleep when I woke up, flushed cheeks and a soft smile on her face. I think that's a permanent smile, it's one of my favourite things about her; the fact that even when she's asleep she's still full of love and joy. Somehow both of her hands were tucked under her chin, my t-shirt bunched up over hips leaving her underwear on show. I'm in love with her.

I placed a kiss onto her forehead, I couldn't resist, and when I did, her eyes fluttered open and suddenly I felt really guilty for disrupting her slumber. She shut her eyes again though, let out a little groan and then rolled onto her back with her eyes still shut which had me wondering whether she had woken up or not.

Then she yawned and opened her eyes again, stared up at my ceiling for a minute as she wiped her eyes. Finally, she turned her head to give me a smile, that look alone giving me shivers, butterflies, and every other foreign feeling I never experienced until Penelope waltzed into my life.

"Hi," her groggy voice spoke.

"Morning sleepyhead," I smiled, kissing her forehead again as I shuffled closer to her. "Sleep well?"

"Mhm," she mumbled, "d'you watch me sleep all the time?"

"Yeah," I chuckled, propping myself up on my elbow to look down at her. "You're always asleep longer than me, you're a pretty sleeper. Pretty Penny is a pretty sleeping ray of sunshine."

"Creep." Penny said, smiling a little. "You look cute."

Those words brought a smile to my face, made my heart flutter and my cheeks flush. I leaned in to kiss her,brushed her hair back and then lay next to her, wrapping my arms around her shoulders to tug her in to lie on my chest. I held her waist under the t-shirt, and her hand smoothed over my stomach, found its way under my back and she just left it there beneath me.

Somehow I always believed sex was the most intimate thing in the world, but as I lie here like this with the woman I love, I'm realising this is more intimate than abused I've ever had. This level of intimacy was never something I had even experienced until Penelope, and I'd stay here forever if I could.

I wondered whether she'd fall asleep again, I thought she would because it's Penelope, and I know her well enough to know she's a woman with an incredible sleeping schedule. She didn't this time though, minutes went by and I continued to feel her eyelashes move against my chest as she blinked.

"You have your thing today." Penelope says, flipping herself onto her stomach, both her hands flat on my chest so she can rest her chin on top of them and look me in my eye. "Radio thing."

"I do." I nodded, "gonna shit talk Timmy, fucking ugly bastard, I hate his guts."

"Or you could be the bigger person. Play off like it doesn't get to you," Penelope shrugged. "It'll just look like some failed attempts to sabotage something that can't be sabotaged...or you can shit talk him and make it look like you care."

"What's a smarty pants like you doing with a guy like me?" I sighed, holding her face with my hands. "You make me a good man, stick around please? Pretty please, stick with me forever. Bless me with the gorgeous view every morning?"

Penelope smirked, tilted her head into my hand. "Only 'cause you asked nicely."

"My girl." I smiled, kissing her forehead. "I like saying that, my girl. My girl. My girl. My girl."

"Your girl?" She raised a brow, to which U leaned over to her me on the cheek.

"My girl." I grinned.

I gave her one last proper kiss and hopped out of bed. I'd stay there forever with her if I could, but I have this radio thing and that's important. Usually I wouldn't care about things like that, but I need to set the record straight, not because I'm worried about my image, but because Penelope has worked hard for everything she's achieved and I refuse to let her become the girl I made a fool of to the press. I refuse to let anything take away from all her achievements.