116. Stay

Pairing | Marc Spector x Fem!Reader

Warnings | Language, Smut [unprotected PiV, oral (f receiving), choking]

https://64.media.tumblr.com/beec58212f0c717967923b0a8e2133bf/15bf6363a811b6f9-bc/s1280x1920/e64001e89f84c92e7816993f468553e2c3bd5ee4.gif

The early morning light was filtering in through the sheer curtains, bathing the room in hues of pastel pinks and oranges

The early morning light was filtering in through the sheer curtains, bathing the room in hues of pastel pinks and oranges. While it was too early to be up, the sight was beautiful and caused a soft sigh to escape your lips as you burrowed further into your pillow. An arm wrapped around your midsection, and pulled back before you felt a few kisses pressed onto your shoulder.

"Hi," you reached behind you, running a hand through his soft curls as he continued to kiss you. A smile grew on your face as you relaxed into his warm body, "it's too early, go back to sleep."

"I'm sorry..." he trailed off and you knew what he meant immediately. Despite your best efforts, your sigh became audible, "I have to go. You know I don't want to."

"No," you pulled out of his grasp and rolled over so you were looking at him. His dark eyes were soft as he studied you intently. Part of you wished you could hate him; it would have made this easier. If it was just sex then him coming and going at all times of the day and night wouldn't have been as hard. But the fact that you both had developed feelings - maybe even love - made it that much harder. You knew it wasn't an option for it to be just casual a long time ago, "I don't know that."

"Honey," he reached over and put his hand on your face, brushing away the tears that had pearled up and rolled down your cheek. Shaking your head, your fingers wrapped around his wrist and pulled his hand away, "don't cry."

"Don't go then," you hated how small and weak your voice sounded as you watched him. He closed his eyes, gnawing on his lip. At least you had the small satisfaction of knowing this was hard for him too, "stay."

"I can't," before you could say anything else he leaned in and gently kissed your forehead, "I have to go. I'll see you later."

"Whatever Marc," you knew it was useless to try and argue with him. When Marc Spector had his mind made up about something that was it. You turned around so your back was to him, not giving him the opportunity to say anything else.