98. Early Morning

Pairing | Steven Grant x Fem!Reader

Warnings | None

https://64.media.tumblr.com/d2461d32bfa280c30583236d5251e3b9/bd64df2ee69bf7ee-12/s540x810/df6c674389d24ae12149e3708e516266fac60cd2.gif

As soon as he tried to climb out of bed, your arms wrapped around his middle as you tried to pull back to you

As soon as he tried to climb out of bed, your arms wrapped around his middle as you tried to pull back to you. He laughed lightly and pretended to struggle to get away for a moment, eventually giving in and rolling over to face you. You offered him a sleepy smile before carding a hand through his messy curls and pulling him in for some soft morning kisses. It was moments like this that made everything in life worth it.

"Don't get up," you pouted as he pulled back, gently touching your face, "let's just stay in bed all day."

"We have to go to work," he groaned as you rolled on top of him, clinging onto him like a koala, "you really think that's going to work, darling?"

"It does sometimes," he could feel you smiling against his skin as you trailed your lips along his collarbones, up his neck and along his jaw. A shiver ran down his spine as you stopped at his lips and just grinned at him, "is it working now?"

"I'm afraid not," his hands had found purchase on your waist, his fingers moving to tickle you which had you in a fit of giggles within seconds. You were squirming in his grasp as you tried to roll off him, but he was stronger and held you in place until tears were rolling down your cheeks, "anything you want to say, love?"

"No!" you managed to get out in between your giggles, which one caused him to hold onto you more firmly. You were practically breathless and knew he wasn't going to give in any time soon, "fine, fine, fine! I call a truce."

"There we are," his hands immediately ceased their actions as you took the chance and rolled onto your back. You stared at the ceiling as you tried to catch your breath, but his gaze was concentrated on you. Out of instinctive habit, his hand reached for yours as he laced your fingers together, "I'll go and make breakfast."

"You don't have to, Steven," you brought his hand to your lips and pressed a gentle kiss to the back of it.

"I want to," he insisted softly and you could feel the warmth flush your face under his reverent gaze, "go and take a shower and get dressed. I'll have the food hot and ready by the time you're done."