181. bad day

pairing: steven grant x reader

warnings: mentions of a bad day, flufffff

Steven knows exactly what to do to cheer you up

He never fails in that regard.

He knows you too well. Knows every little detail about you- your likes and dislikes, the things that make you happy, and those that make you sad. He just knows how to swiftly turn that frown of yours upside down, and it's pretty magical when all he simply needs to do is show up at your door.

On my way, love :) Steven's last text reads, and you patiently wait for him to come around knocking.

The moment he found out that your day hadn't been pleasant, he quickly dropped what he was doing and rushed over to your flat on the other side of the city. You didn't even ask him to. In fact, you didn't really want him to swing by as it's already dark outside and now pouring.

But Steven is Steven. He's the sweet, loving, and caring man you've fallen deeply for and who would do everything he can to bring a smile to your face. He's quite special to you, truly a one of a kind. And it's no surprise to anyone just how much you love him and how much he loves you.

A knock, then a gentle whisper of your name.

You almost tripped over your feet as you came sprinting to the front. Your eyes immediately soften at seeing a drenched Steven holding up a wet bouquet of flowers in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other.

"Sorry, I-uh wanted to surprise you with these. I tried my best to keep them dry in the rain, but I forgot my umbrella at home since I wanted to get here as quickly as I possibly could," Steven explains while catching his breath.

"Oh, sweetie," you murmur, pulling him into a hug, not caring that your clothes are getting soaked from his. "That's very thoughtful of you, thank you."

"How are you feeling?" He asks, his voice tender as the look he gives you. "I'm sorry to hear you were having a bad day, love."

You didn't realize that you were crying until Steven wiped away the tears from your eyes, his sweet smile causing you to bite back a few sniffles as he held you close.

"I'm feeling much better now that you're here, Steven," you reply as you return his smile. "Come, let's get you dried up, and then we can munch on these chocolates. Sounds good?"

Steven dips down to kiss you softly before answering, "If it means keeping that smile on your face, then it sounds lovely to me."