97. Clumsy

Pairing | Steven Grant x Fem!Reader

Warnings | None

https://64.media.tumblr.com/fc891e70bab2736dba978bed9c6ec5c5/bf76376120fb614d-56/s540x810/8872d5a478304c73a5d72d0450b8ec3be58528c0.gif

"This is ridiculous," you huffed as you tried to use your crutches to get up the stairs to your flat

"This is ridiculous," you huffed as you tried to use your crutches to get up the stairs to your flat. You tried to unsuccessfully get up the first step before stopping and almost throwing the stupid things down and trying instead to hobble up the steep concrete stairs.

You just had to go and break your dumb foot. You just had to be clumsy enough to trip over yourself and land just wrong enough to go and create a fracture. Who does that? Who breaks their own foot?!

You were tired and worn down, exhausted enough to just plop down on the front step and wait a few minutes. You pulled out your phone to see if you could call someone to try and help you but unfortunately your phone was dead. In your current state, it didn't take much to push you over the edge. Tears rolled down your cheeks as you tucked the phone back into your pocket. This was quickly turning into a horrible day - worse than horrible. Terrible.

"Excuse me?" The soft voice was enough to pull you out of your little pity party as you wiped away your tears. You looked up and blinked away the remaining tears to find your neighbor looking at you with concern, "is everything alright?"

"Yes," you said without even thinking about it, "I mean no, not really at this moment. But I guess overall I am. I'll move out of your way."

"Oh no," he insisted as you raised an eyebrow at him, "I was...do you need help? I've never had a broken foot but it looks like it'd be quite a pain, yeah?"

"I don't think the pain's fully set in yet," you sighed lightly, "I just left the hospital and they gave me some pretty heavy pain meds. But it's still a hassle so far."

"Did no one come to help you?" a genuine note of concern colored his voice as you just shrugged your shoulders. Did you really want to admit that you had basically...no one? You didn't need even more of his pity; not that you thought he was trying to be anything but kind. You'd seen him around the building often enough and spent some time talking to him and he had never been anything but sweet when he saw you.