43. Cucumber face mask and Fist of Vengeance[Jake Lockley]

warnings: fluffy Jake ya'll. I died from his cuteness when writing this.

a/n: Jake Lockley is a total simp for you madly in love with you

https://64.media.tumblr.com/2aac84545e2f19ef3871c35ed2d58c32/605e6707d77903ee-11/s540x810/8b99cf7732ffd4ef5c437e1193dd0c3b0122f6ac.gif

How soft would Jake Lockley's heart go for you?

One would think he was lethal and scary. And he was, but with you, it was the exact opposite. If someone told him he would be madly in love, he would have fixed them a glare or a mocking grin. Boy, was he wrong.

He was absolutely smitten with you. It was the reason he let you sit comfortably on his lap. His left hand was loosely draped around your waist, just in case if you slipped back. Plus, he loved holding you in that position, sitting on his lap, facing him.

You squeezed the sides of his face with your index and thumb fingers, making his lips pucker into a cute pout. "You are so cute", you said, kissing his pouty lips with a loud 'mwah'

"You are staring" he stated, as a matter of fact, with a smug smile on his face.

"What? am I not allowed to look at my baby?"

Jake Lockley was many things, but cute?. Oh well, if you said he is cute, then he is cute. If you called him baby, then damn right he is your baby. No questions or protests by him.

"lo que tú digas, mi amor" he accepted it with a tiny smile on his lips.

He did not live his life through rose tinted glasses. Everywhere he saw, it was all dark corners, dark souls, with promises of threats and evil lurking-until you came into the picture.

You traced his face with your fingers delicately, his eyebrows, temples, cheek bones, the soft skin below his eyes, his nose. You brought your face closer to his, placing a feather light kiss on the little scar on his nose bridge.

His eyes closed for a moment. He was aware of his good looks and how many eyed him with lustful gazes everyday. But love? The magical word with the capital 'L', he never dreamt of such thing, but now? Oh my God, his heart would burst into fluttering butterflies.

You loved him and adored him- each touch so gentle, you could not hurt him even on accident. Your love was like warm sun on chilly days.

Now, you were not completely 'pure like an angel', no one was. But to Jake 'I love and adore my girlfriend with all my heart' Lockley, you were the best thing ever happened to him. All his life, he thought his purpose was to protect Marc and Steven and keep them safe. It changed when he you came into their lives, well it did not change completely, more like he had another person to protect. His sweet princesa.

"You alright there, baby?" you paused, your finger tip resting above a scar on his left eyebrow.

Here you were, making sure he was comfortable and alright, even now.

You loved the parts of him that needed the most love.

Your love was careful. Your love was soft, yet fierce and passionate.

Oh how nice it felt to be adored, to be cared for, spoken to in softer and caressing tones, to be held gently by your hands.

He opened his eyes. His usually sharp eyes was round with softness. If he kept looking into your face full of nothing but love for him, he would cry tears of happiness, he thought.

To answer your question, he brought your finger tips to his mouth, kissing them. Then he kissed your palm and the sensitive spot under your wrist, making you giggle. "I'm alright, princesa". His voice was bit gruff, but his heart wasn't. And you knew that. With a hint of smile, you kissed that above that scar on his eyebrow, ever so lightly.

He could kill someone with a hard look on his face, but the moment his eyes laid on you, his expression would soften.

You caressed the tip of his nose with yours. "You know what we can do now?" you pecked his lips quickly and pulled back, "we can do face masks"

"A what?" his eye brows was furrowed.

You sprung off his lap, making your way to the bathroom cabinet. His eyes followed you, he could hear you rummage through it.

He would sit with a cucumber face mask on his face with you on a wednesday night

That's how soft Jake Lockley's heart would go for you.

Only you.

His love.

His woman.

"What the odd little mortal have done to you?!" Khonshu's voice boomed in Jake's ears

"What the odd little mortal have done to you?!" Khonshu's voice boomed in Jake's ears. He was shocked to see Jake sitting camly next to you with a...what is that thing on his face? what have you done to my fist of Vengeance?!

Jake stared into a space behind you, mumbling something and shaking his head.

"What does your bird friend say now?" you asked your man, with a light amusement dancing in your eyes.

"Nothing, mi amor. Don't worry" his hand wrapped around your waist.

"I can put this mask on his face too if he like-"

Before you could even finish the last word, the God of the moon fled in fear. In fear of an odd little mortal; an odd little mortal that had his Fist of Vengeance wrapped around her finger.