Season 1 - Episode 10: Food Fight

Following Cryote's capture, April led Slate to the café she had mentioned on the ferry. There, they filled their grumbling stomachs with toasted sandwiches, chips, and soda. Then, they headed to Hazell Bakery for one of their famed donuts, which they took to go.

"Whoa! You weren't kidding about how good these are," Slate exclaimed, taking a bite into the piping hot, freshly cooked donut, and fanning his mouth and blowing out air when it risked burning his tongue.

"Right? Nothing beats a jelly-filled donut!" April replied before giving him a disdainful look. "I think I'll let mine cool down a bit first, though."

Ignoring this subtle jab, Slate asked between steamy mouthfuls as they walked towards the Pokémon Center, "Do you think it will be a big problem that we don't have starter Pokémon?"

"Most people manage without them. Besides, as you pointed out, we're lucky enough to have Rodenki and Cryote," April explained. "However, they're both Normal-Types, and so is your Eevee. The good thing about a starter would have been its elemental Type coverage. Luckily for me, Rodenki is also part Electric-Type, but we're probably going to struggle unless we catch some more Pokémon."

"Good point," said Slate, "We certainly don't want to face off with a Fighting-Type Trainer any time soon. I suppose we'll have to start thinking about earning some more League Points, so we can buy more Silph Balls and other equipment."

"We have a few options for that. Defeating a wild Pokémon earns us 100LP, catching one is 200LP, and winning an official League battle is worth 500LP—or 1000LP for special cases like Gym Leaders," April confirmed. "Bah! I can't wait anymore!"

Slate laughed as she succumbed, unfolding the paper bag holding her donut, and staring into it longingly. Unfortunately for April, she never got to enjoy it. Just before reaching for the jelly-filled treat, a small Pokémon with brightly colored plumage dropped from the sky and made off with the bag.

"Hey!" April cried before pursuing the airborne thief. "Come back here with that! Somebody, stop that Zunshin!" The heavy donut weighed down the tiny bird Pokémon, but its rapidly beating wings kept it just out of April's reach as it flew up the road leading to the lab.

Slate was too stunned to move for a moment. He couldn't figure this girl out. One moment she would be acting all high and mighty, and the next she was running through town, chasing after a donut like a maniac. Granted, they were good donuts, but this situation was like something out of an anime.

After pleading with her to give up on the donut to no avail, Slate unclipped his Pokédex. With some difficulty caused by all the movement, he managed to get a scan of the lime green dessert thief. *Ping*.

SPECIES: #014 Zunshin
DERIVATION: Zun Zun (Hummingbird species) + Bunshin (JP: Clone technique)
CATEGORY: Hovering
COLORING: Light Green / Turquoise / Fuchsia
TYPE: Flying
ABILITIES: Keen Eye / Sap Sipper / Speed Boost
DETAILS: These tiny bird Pokémon flap their wings at incredible speeds, allowing them to hover in place. They can move fast enough to create image echoes of themselves, which can distract or confuse their foes.

Soon, they reached the lab and continued past the edge of town. As they entered the grassland beyond, the Zunshin veered off towards a large tree in the center of a field.

"Enough of this!" April expelled.

"Oh, good, it's really not worth it Apr—" Slate began.

"Come on out, Rodenki!" April commanded, causing Slate to sigh.

Rodenki emerged from its Poké Ball and climbed up April and onto her shoulder. Then, she took it into her hands and launched it skyward with a roar, "Get em', Rodenki!"