Season 1 - Episode 06: Fight or Flight

Slate bent down and peered through the keyhole. On the other side of the door, he could just about make out the hands of a woman with long purple hair tied to the back of a chair, and the legs of two figures moving around her.

"Come on, we're leaving," snapped the angry female voice.

"What should we do with her, Bonnie?" the man replied.

"Just leave her. I'm sure someone will come looking for her—eventually."

"You won't get away with this," the woman in the chair warned calmly.

The other woman laughed nastily and declared, "We already have!"

Slate jumped up, realizing that the two sets of legs were approaching the door. "They're coming! Hide!" he whispered.

"Hide? Hide where?" April hissed, looking around at the vast, empty battlefield.

Before Slate could answer that question, the door opened and two besuited people emerged.

"Who are you!" the man roared upon spotting them.

"It is them!" Slate said to himself, recognizing the identical black suits of the people who took his mother—Team Shade. The woman, who had vivid red hair, even had an S-shaped patch on her jacket.

"What have you done with Bella?" April demanded bravely.

The woman smirked and closed the door behind her. "I'm afraid she's a little tied up at the moment, missy," she jested.

"We heard you," Slate said accusatorily, taking a few steps back. "You're thieves! We're not letting you leave with Bella's Pokémon."

The Cryote growled following Slate's pronouncement, but the man laughed and challenged, "You and what army?"

The woman sneered and eyed Slate and April's Pokémon. "A cute little pest. And a white Cryote? How unusual. More spoils for the taking!"

"You're not taking anything!" April yelled, scooping up her angrily squeaking Rodenki protectively, and moving to Slate's side.

"I guess we'll see..." the woman responded, expanding a Silph Ball in her hand. "Ricky, you take the girl. I'll handle the little gentleman."

"Should we run?" April asked under her voice, sounding less confident than she had moments earlier.

"I think it's too late for that," Slate answered as the man also pulled out a Silph Ball from his pocket.

The two groups put some distance between each other, making use of the official battlefield, and the black-suited thieves released Pokémon from their capsules. The man had what Slate guessed to be a Slugish, though, it looked quite different when not part of a wall of its kind. He confirmed it with his Pokédex. *Ping*.

SPECIES: #018 Slugish
DERIVATION: Slug + Sluggish
CATEGORY: Trail
COLORING: Purple / Light Purple / Dark Purple
TYPE: Bug / Poison
ABILITIES: Poison Touch / Liquid Ooze / Gooey
DETAILS: These Pokémon leave a sticky trail behind them as they move. They gather in large numbers and take on a translucent liquid-like form in order to exchange nutrients and neutralize built-up toxins.

The woman controlled something Slate didn't recognize. Apparently, April didn't either as she unclipped her Pokédex and scanned it fearfully. *Ping*.

SPECIES: #020 Giladon
DERIVATION: Gila Monster + don (common end to dinosaurs)
CATEGORY: Slow
COLORING: Purple / Orange / Yellow
TYPE: Poison
ABILITIES: Own Tempo / Slow Start / Dry Skin
DETAILS: Often mistakenly thought to be deceased, they are known for their general lack of movement. However, what they lack in speed, they make up for in power and durability.