chapter 18

Chapter 18:

“So what movie are we going to watch?” I asked as I walked downstairs.

“We still haven’t decided.” Louis replied.

“Do you have silver lining playbook?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“Yay! Can we watch it? It’s my favorite.”

“sure.” They all said. I walked over and sat by Zayn.

The movie was great…as always. By the end of the movie I was almost asleep on Zayn shoulder. Or maybe I did fall asleep.

“spenc….spencer.”

“What?! I’m up.” I shot my head up quickly.

“haha. You okay?” Zayn asked. “Want me to carry you upstairs?” my eyes closed slowly not being able to answer.

“I’ll take her.” I was taken into someone’s arms and carried away from the couch.

With every step up the stairs I was shaken a little more out of sleep. I groaned.

“shhh.” Finally after a long way up the stairs there were only a couple steps left before I was in a room. I was carried over to a bed and set down. The person pulled the covers over me as I settled in. “goodnight spenc.” Then I felt lips on my head.

“I’m cold.” I shivered. There was a moment of silence before the other side of the bed was becoming occupied. I turned to see who it was, it was harry. “What are you doing?!”

“Keeping you warm.”

“I just need blankets.”

“shh. Go to sleep.” He wrapped his arms around me.

“harry.” I closed my eyes.

“shhh.”

“harry.” I repeated.

“Spencer, if you really want me to leave just say so.” I didn’t know what I wanted. I was so tired I couldn’t even think. So I didn’t reply.

*beep beep* I groaned as I pulled the covers closer to me. I didn’t want to get up but something in me forced myself to. I reached over and grabbed my phone. 1 new message.

To: Spencer

From: Harry

Hey you probably won’t get up till 10 so meet me at the café at 10:30 for coffee.(:

I looked over at the clock and it said 9:30. Ha. You don’t know me that well harry. I decided to take a shower to refresh myself. I still haven’t decided if I was actually going to go or not.  I will feel bad if I didn’t go but I didn’t like the fact he just told me to meet him instead of asking me if I even wanted to go in the first place.Maybe I’m just overreacting. But what if I wanna go out to breakfast with Louis or something? I didn’t have to go with him.

Fine. I’ll go. I got some fresh clothes on and let my hair just air-dry. I have to be honest, I’m so happy I have Louis to take lacey to daycare because I don’t think I would live without him. I need to remind myself to thank him.

I walked out of my room with my purse and shoes in my hands.

“Hey! Spenc!” I turned to see Lexy sprinting silently over to me. “We need to talk, now.”

“I’m going to get coffee.” She gave me a are you kidding me, this is way more important look. “Okay, talk.”

“Not here.” She pulled me back into my room. “Harry. He asked me about Lacey’s father.”

“What?! When?”

“Last night.” I put my hand to my forehead in frustration. “spenc this is out of hand you need-“

“What did you tell him?” I cut her off.

“I told him what you told me, a one night stand…spenc you have to tell him soon.” I shook my head.

“I can’t think about this right now.” I walked out the door with my head down.

“Hey what were you two talking about?” I looked up..Chloe. I can’t tell Chloe, she is really close to harry and tends to blab.

“Nothing important, I will see you guys later. Bye.” I waved and went downstairs and outside before I could be interrogated any further.

“Hey, you came.” Harry said as I walked through the door.

“yep.” I sat down in the chair across from him.

“Want me to order something for you?”

“No, I can do it.” I stood up and went to order a latte. When I order and got my drink I walked back over to him and sat back down.

It was awkward at first but we ended up talking…actually talked. No sarcasm, no harry being playful, no me playing hard to get. We just sat and talked to each other like normal people. We talked about everything. We talked about New York, lacey, old ‘friends’ from high school, his tour, him mom, everything. I’m not going to lie I had a good time. But this coffee sit-down made me even more confused about my feelings for him. Now I have no clue how I feel about him.

-HARRY POV-

Was she actually laughing? At what I said? She was actually enjoying her time with me. We were just talking normally too, I wasn’t even trying. This didn’t make any sense. Any girl would melt when I would act cheeky. She used to love it. So if I act like this I will win her over? Easy enough.

“wanna get going?” spencer spoke jumping me from my thoughts.

“Yeah sure.” I started. “But wait.” I grabbed her wrist before she walked away any further. “Spencer, would you like to go to dinner with me?”

“As..?”

“..As more than friends.” I replied. She was silent for a second as she just looked at me. I could tell she was trying to decide which made me laugh.

“suuuuuureeee.” she said unsure. I smiled.

“Okay well….” She stood awkwardly swaying from her heel to her toe. “My car is over here.” She pointed to the opposite side of the parking lot.

“I’ll walk you.” We started walking and I caught her looking at me. I smirked. “Something wrong spencer?” I said sarcastically.

“uhh. Nothing.” She blushed. I laughed at her flushing red cheeks.

It wasn’t long before we were at her car. It was Zayn’s car with made me laugh.

“Nice car.” I laughed.

“Thanks. He left his keys downstairs soooo.”

“Well. I will see you later then?” I said placing my hands in my pocket.

“Yeah…” she walked closer to me and kissed my cheek. It felt warm; her lips left tingling warmth on my cheek. As she pulled away she smiled. “Okay well bye harry.”

I smiled. “Bye spencer.”

Notes:

Sorry this one is a little shorter. Anyways feedback!!!!(: comment what you think(:

                                                                Love, Kendall <3