Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Hello?" His voice was different. He sounded older, stronger, happier.

"Louis?"

"Yes, who is this?" I was scared to say my name in fact I started shuttering.

"It's Spencer.."

"Spencer-"

"Hi." My voice was sarcastic yet nervous.

"Uh hi. What's going on? He sounded surprised but at the same time relieved.

"Uhhmm..I wanted to know if you wanted to have lunch sometime??"

"Ya. You live in New York right!?"

"Ya." I said with a smile in my voice.

"We'll me and the boys are actually in New York finishing are tour."

"Great, how about Europa Cafe'?"

"Yes, that's perfect! See you in 20?"

"Uh. Can we make it 30?...it's a long drive and I have to get Lacey ready."

"Lacey?" Oh my god. I forgot he doesn't know about Lacey. "Is that your daughter?"

"Yeah." Oh my god. Oh my god.

"Okay well see you then." He said pretty awkwardly.

"Okay. Bye."

As soon as the call ended I let out a deep breath as if I was holding my breath the whole time. I stared at the wall for a while taking it all in. I felt a stupid grin grow on my face.

"Oh right! Lacey come get dressed!"

I ran into my bedroom and put on the first thing I could find. Then I stormed into the bathroom and took my hair out of a messy braid and ran my fingers threw the long blond waves. I threw on some eyeliner and mascara and called it done.

"Lacey! Where are you?" I walked into Lacey's room in a swift manner. "Lacey?!"

"Here mama." Her voice called out from the kitchen. I turned around and she was standing there holding a little floral dress.

"Do you want to wear that?" What the hell, I don't have time to pick out something else. I slipped the dress on her and grabbed her sandals before putting them on her. "Alright let's go."

I picked her up and swung her onto my hip. I walked towards the door and grabbed my purse.

"Where are we going?"

"To see your uncle."

When we got outside there was already a taxi wait to be taken.

"Europa Cafe' please."

---------

It was about a 20 minute drive and the whole time I stared at the seats head rest in front of me.

As I walked towards the cafe' holding Lacey's hand I took a deep breath.

"Spencer!" I looked over to see where my name came from. There stood a tall, brown haired boy with a smile across his face. He looked extremely different from when I last saw him. He looked happy, like he had everything figured out.

"Hi." I smiled as I walked closer to him.

"Come here." He hugged me tight. As we pulled apart he looked down at Lacey. "And you must be lacey!"

she grabbed my leg and hid behind me. "sorry..shes shy." i said placing my hand on her head.

"wow." i looked up at him. his eyes locked on mine and they lit up.

"what?"

"oh! its just that you look amazing. your all grown up."

"thanks." i shyly smiles as we awkwardly stood there in silence.

"lets sit!" Louis said, breaking the silence. as we sat, he couldn't stop smiling. his smile became contagious. i could tell he was happy to see me. that gave me some confidence." so hows life?"

"hard." that was the only thing that came to mind.

"hard? what hap-"

"what about you? i mean your a super star! hows that?" i said cutting if off to get off the dreaded topic.

"ya, life's great. a lot more busy, but its great. the boys all love it. its been a great two years."

"i wish i was there to had seen it.." i didn't notice i had said what i said till he replied.

"me too... i miss you Spenc." i shrugged my shoulders trying to come up with what to say.

"i miss you too Lou..." he smiled and then looked across the table at Lacey.

"i don't think we properly met. I'm Louis." he was really smiling now. he reached his arm across the table hoping she would take it.

she hesitated but then took his hand without a word.

"whats your name?" i asked her to encourage her to introduce herself.

"Lacey." she said as a grin spread across her face.

"this is your uncle Louis, Lacey."

"uncle?" she was really confused because i never talk about him..well not in front of her at least.

"my brother." all she did was smile and grabbed the crayons and paper the waitress had brought her.

"haha. shes cute." Louis was entertained by her. " shes definitely yours." i looked up at him and gave him a big smile. i was honestly very happy to see him.

--------------------

notes:

okay i have written almost all of this story, i just need to post(: comment your thought! what do you think is going to happen??(:

                                        love, kendall <3