Chapter 23 ~ ☾☀

Everything went black...

It's like the world was spinning in slow motion. I'm running, and then I'm not. I hear tires screech on the pavement, and then I feel the force of a bull ramming into me headfirst at full speed. It knocks me over, and I remember falling, but then... everything goes black.

•.✦.✧.✦.✧.•☾☀•.✦.✧.✦.✧.•

When I wake up, I'm in a cold hospital room. The walls are painted a nice cream color, and there's a TV hung from the wall in front of the bed on which I lie. Under that, there's a stand for cards or flowers to sit. Next to me there's a bedside table on one side, and on the other, there's Liam. LIAM! Oh shit, he must've been so worried! I call out his name, but he just continues to stare at me sadly. So, I sit up, but he doesn't move his gaze. I wave my hand in front of him, and nothing. So, I look behind me at what he's staring at and see...

my own

unconscious body...

I look so pale with stitches in my head. Liam must've cleaned me off because there isn't really anymore blood anywhere, save the little bit left stuck in my hair. My black curls lay nicely off my face, and I look down to see I'm in a plain white dress. It's like they wanted me to look nice one last time...

The door opens and Sebastian walks in– I run up to hug him, but I go straight through his body. Weird.

I turn around to see he brought my favorite– roses– and a bag full of something. He hands the bag to Liam and places a vase on the bedside table for the roses to go in, looking down at my body with so much regret...

Sebby comes back to shut and lock the door. He stands over my body while Liam opens the bag. Immediately, the room fills with the scent of fresh lavender, and Liam sniffs it for some reason. Then, he places his hand on my forehead, and the weirdest thing happens– his hand starts glowing green, and then the gash on my head disappears... seems like he has been lying to me as well.

Unable to stand being in the room any longer, I turn to open the door. Then I remember I can just walk right through it... so, I do. Not sure what else to do, I look for my mum because maybe she can she me.

I find her at the floor's main desk, looking through a draw of keys. I run up and yell "mum," but receive no reaction. I have to find someone that can see me... if there is anyone...

I turn and go down the hall. This place is so big, it feels like I'm running through a maze that I might never make it out of. The good news is, I noticed a zero before every room number, so I should at least be on the ground level– all I have to do is find the main entrance.

After a good 10 minutes of searching, I finally arrive at the front desk, so I know the entrance is just up ahead. I push my way through the doors, and head for home.

When I get home, I look up at the house from a short distance. Something tells me that this might be the last time I get to see it, so I soak it in– I look at the at the light brown logs making up the house in its entirety and begin to cry. The tears roll down so fast that I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt the first one fall off of my chin.

I wonder if I'll be stuck like this forever– everyone thinking I'm near dead, no one able to see or hear me. I sob harder. And I just can't stop.

Still crying, I approach the front porch. When I make it to the door, I decide to try something– I reach for the doorknob, and to my surprise, I can feel it in my hand. I twist it and go inside.

I head straight for my bedroom– maybe if I can grasp something, I'm not invisible! The tears slow down as I enter the room. I go toward my vanity and close my eyes. I'm almost scared to look– what will it mean if I'm invisible... what will it mean if I'm not...?

Uncertainty floods my mind, and I realize how lost I am. Lost from reality. Lost from myself and my body– literally... But I shake it off and slowly open my eyes.

When I look in the mirror,I see a glowing purple silhouette of my body. Strands of hair fall around myface in an almost transparent, yet still glowing shade of purple. I can see theoutline of my eyes, my nose, and my mouth. I'm not invisible! But what doesthat mean?