Chapter 15 ~🍃

It was about 3 AM in the morning when I felt it. All was silent, the world was still, covered in darkness. But I lie awake in my bed, waiting for it to come just like every other night since Liam told me about Serina's vision...

She doesn't yet know it, but her Sixth Sense has been awakened as he grows stronger. Not all of us have one, as it is one of the rare gifts, but I've suspected it in Serina since she was a little girl. Now, it has been confirmed.

I feel its footsteps as it arises from the shadows, coming to life, to hunt the princess. I feel it as it makes each step in the grass, coming closer every second.

I rise from my bed and climb out the window of my bedroom. Thanks to the plants around me, I know exactly where it is. I start to run towards it.

"We're going to fiiiiiiiind her..." it says.

I smile, and in reply, I yell, "Not if I can help it!"

I summon the grass to bend at my will. It grows and wraps around the shadow monster's legs, and then moves up until his entirety is trapped, save his neck and hideous face. I call upon the grass to build me a sword, which I swiftly grab to make my strike as I continue running towards him.

"Die, you son of a bitch," I mutter under my breath.

I swipe a clean cut all the way through the monster's neck, and it fades into nothing but a cloud of blackness. I can hear it squealing as it turns into nothing.

"And fair riddance, you worthless piece of shit." I mutter, not even trying to contain my grin. It's always so satisfying to watch Shadow's minions fall prey to my blade.

Just as I think it's all over, I hear the front door slam behind me... My eyes widen as my heart races in a panic. Knowing it could be none other than Serina, I fear to find out how much she saw... I wonder how I'm going to explain this one without telling her the truth. Oh, my poor princess... if only you knew...