Chapter 22: Closing the distance (Part 2).

Start from the beginning

More than happy to accept the challenge Estile didn't even dodge and cut them from the sky in a flurry of expertise. Lillia however didn't let up and also charged forwards to attack. Although the Hero's armour made her stronger it didn't mean that she herself was simple. The combined attack quickly put pressure on Estile and whatever counter she tried to make was blocked by a shimmering barrier. Like that the battle shifted in Lillia's favour but no matter how hard she pushed, she still couldn't land a solid hit and could barely even graze her opponent.

"That's better," Estile smiled. "But that's not quite good enough."

"Then try this," annoyed Lillia charged herself up and swung, releasing a cascade of ice. The crystalline structures spread in a large cone going so far as to even climb the walls of the training ground.

"Ow that one actually got me," Estile stood with her sword frosted. She shivered, "My turn."

Lillia saw her sword swing a distance away and threw up her barrier at once. It was one of the most basic techniques of all swordsmen and a key requirement of a knight. Lillia was very used to the technique, but her instinct flared knowing it was so much more. In a flash a blade of energy swept towards her cutting apart the ice field and collided against her. The power however exceeded her expectation and with a loud shatter Lillia was flung to the ground rolling several times until she stopped. She gulped at the pressure Estile was emitting. Even the Primarchs she fought had struggled to break her barriers but the supposed girl in front of her did it with ease.

Before she could stand and resume the fight Estile raised a hand, "Okay that's enough."

"Huh?" Lillia forced herself to an awkward halt.

"Well I can't really continue with my sword broken," she held up the mangled metal and shrugged. "Also though the usual me would be fine I'm still in your boyfriend's body. We can't have you getting too serious."

"Ah!" Lillia collected herself. Her eyes immediately fell to the Estile's wounded side where her ice had pierced.

"Don't worry he heals quickly see," she lifted the shirt to reveal the smooth skin beneath. "Besides Kyle should work out more. His muscles are all tense." Her eyes flicked to Lillia, "though you're not looking to good yourself."

"Me?" she blinked and became indignant. "I feel fine."

"So you say but I can already see some pressure piling on your circuits. When was the last time you had someone sort you out?"

"You mean my mana circuits?" she paused and thought about it. Although she had a check-up, Reina hadn't given her a proper massage in a while. "A week I think. Though how can you tell?"

"I'm an expert," Estile threw away her sword. "Let's pop into the back room over there and I'll sort you out."

"Um sure." Though the change in pace was quite abrupt Lillia couldn't say no to her good intentions and led her to the back room. Being the usual place a table was already set up.

"Hmm this isn't a bad set up," Estile admired the room before facing Lillia. "Okay clothes off."

Just as she was about to follow her instructions Lillia froze, "W-wait a second. Maybe we shouldn't."

"Why it's not like-. Oh!" Estile laughed. "Right of course you'd be embarrassed with how I look. Don't worry about it. Kyle won't remember anything and if you forgot I'm actually a girl. Besides I did it all the time back when...." Her words came to an end but even after several seconds passed she never finished them, instead changing the subject. "Anyway just take it all off and lie down."