He felt anger rising in him at the thought that some reporter could have managed to slip in or something and he carefully walked over to one stall after another, tipping just enough to take a peek inside and see which one was actually hiding an individual behind.

However, once he found the one he was looking for, Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise as he saw Boram, curled up while she had stepped over the toilet bowl, her phone flashing in her trembling hands, flashing her mother's ID while she found herself unable to accept the call, for tears of fear were streaming down her face.

"It's okay...It's okay, she vented out already...don't be afraid." She whispered to herself, repeating the same words she has been murmuring for a while now, but to no avail.

Her body was still bearing the signs of her wrath because of her failure with Jungkook and even though she had gone through her punishment, she was aware that today was the day her mother was to speak to her father the truth and ask him for money and because of that she knew she was most likely gonna pay again after any argument that they may engage into.

She whipped her tears with her sleeve quickly, and harshly, taking away from her face some of the make-up she had worked so hard to put on her left side of the face, because of a bruise she had gained and if she was to be seen with it, her mother would most like kill her.

As she did so, however, in her peripherical vision fell Jungkook's head that was peeking and she turned instantly to meet his gaze, in shock. Her bruise now becoming visible in his eyes, bringing him to a wave of brain freeze. 

Was what he was seeing real? His denial got erased as she panicked and pulled down her sleeves while lowering her head, and covering her face with her hair for protection. 

Silence fell between them as she had closed her eyes shut and was expecting him to leave but Jungkook only took some steps back and let her vanish from his sight, his eyes still wide open as he was processing the situation. Your words from the night of the party replayed in his mind out of nowhere, pulling him down on a pool of guilt that had penetrated him momentarily.

He should have listened to you when you told him that she needed help. He shouldn't have neglected that word just because Boram was someone that no one could hurt easily in his mind. However he swore inwardly, this wasn't something he wanted her to live. Anyone getting harmed was never his intention, yet his freedom seemed to have cost her more than he could ever take back.

As she walked out of the stall slowly, they faced each other again only for both of them to avoid their gazes, the one feeling awkward and the other feeling responsible in a way for this outcome.

"I know I am not in a position to ask much of you but...can you...please pretend this never happened..."Boram's fainted voice reached his ears quietly as her hands clenched to each other in despair. In her mind wishing that he could agree, and walk away and let her hide there for a bit more.

"Ahem....yeah, It's none of my business anyway." Jungkook cleared his throat before giving her a reply then he hurried to walk away, acting as if nothing had happened once he was out in the hallways and the bodyguards had not left from their place.

It's none of my business...I have nothing to do with it...It's not the outcome of my actions, it's the outcome of her actions...I shouldn't feel guilty.

He spoke to himself inwardly in an attempt to reassure his consciousness that was highly bugging him at that instant but knowing himself, deep down he already was aware, that this unintentional discovery was bound to get him in trouble.

---Time skip---

A game as old as time, the game of life. A game full of dancers in a masquerade that on each occasion wear a different mask, show one side of themselves that's needed for the occasion.