c h a p t e r_t w en t y_t w o: what a shame~

Shifting in her sleep feeling heavy arms caging her waist, Y/n groaned elbowing the person's shins, causing the person who shamelessly barged into 'her room' and slept beside her, to wince in pain and yet tightened their grip on her.

Opening her eyes as she met the ceiling of the place she was forced to call home, rolling over to the opposite end of the king bed in hopes he'll let go of her, Mikko sighed before opening his eyes to look at Y/n who was very unimpressed.

"Love, please just get back to sleep." He said groggily, despite seeing the girl's silhouette through his blurry eyes, he knew how troubled she was by his intrusion, but she shouldn't be they are bound to be wed soon.

'Happy wife Happy life you know?'

"No, go back to your room Mikko." Her response came on deaf ears as he tugged her forearm closer to him, now her back pressing against his chest, he resumed holding her, "This is wrong, we are not even a couple, and yet-"

"We are engaged have you forgotten? maybe you should get your memory checked Y/n." He mused Y/n gloomily looked at her ring finger, feeling the gold ring burn her skin from how she resent it.

Staring blankly at the plate knowing that maybe it was laced with some type of poison though it was unlikely that her theory to be true, and back at Mikko and at the king who seem to be mourning still, at the loss of his wife.

"Y/n dear why aren't you touching the food?" The king ask whence his attention now directed at her, "Love is the food not up to your liking?" Mikko inserted putting down his utensils.

"I want to ask a question."

"what is it?"

"Your highness, do you give Mikko and I your blessing." Y/n spoke as this made the prince beside her gape in shock at her declaration. 'SHE LOVES ME BACK-'  Balthazar nodded almost immediately ,"Yes I do and speaking off, I was informed that your situation." Warily glancing at his son.

"I thought about it and." She paused looking at Mikko with such adoring affectionate eyes, as she placed her  hand on his ,"I have come to realize my love for him." Y/n spoke through gritted teeth as the lies stab her pride over and over again, "If that's the case then a wedding shall be happening next month!" the king replied joyously.

"And then after the honeymoon, Mikko's coronation will follow."

Heavy footsteps echoed through the dungeon, as the prisoners from every cell stare at the preparator with such hatred in their eyes as the others whom was put there for no reasons at all looked at him with fear.

Finally arriving at the desired cell which was located at the very end, seeing the young noble at the hard bed staring at the ceiling with no emotion whatsoever maybe numb from crying for all he cared, due to his puffy brown eyes that it gave away.

"Curtis." Mikko called out the male to which he glanced at him uninterested, before letting out a bitter chuckle, "What now? are you going to kill me, like what you did to Y/n." He taunted as his right eye twitching at the sight of him.

"I'm here to offer a deal." ignoring the accusation thrown his way, sitting up as he properly faced the prince, "And what deal is that?"

"Leave oleander and never comeback."

Y/n sighed now listening to both father and son talk about the coronation and the wedding as she was left out of the discussion, which it gives her enough tine to focus on planning her escape.

And enable to do that, she must earn his trust.

- To Be Continued