c h a p t e r_f o u r t e e n: picnic date

If kindness was a default personality in a person, why was he excluded? he never wanted to hurt anyone but seeing them cower under made him feel somewhat superior. How could this be? constantly asking himself, yet no remorse he held. The fear he inflicted on a person, shows that person who's in charge, so much power he acquired from a mere emotional reaction.

Mikko stared at the beaten-up guard who was unfortunately stationed in his room, taking out his anger because of a dream he would rather not talk about.

Confused? well then let me give you a little recap.

A vague silhouette of a person he liked beside him, snuggling close to him Mikko of course enjoyed the warm feeling that took over him, which was a euphoric bliss.

Not until in the blink of an eye, he and her were now walking down the aisle, Mikko specifically was escorting Y/n to her groom.

And that it all faded into nothingness, as he was awoken.

With one last kick on the head of the poor person, who lay on the floor of his chambers groaned in pain. Not once had people dare to enter Mikko's room, thus keeping a deaf ear upon hearing the pleads of mercy coming from his room.

Putting him out of his misery, hearing a sickening crack of the skull, blood gushed out to the carpeted floors of his as he stared at the diseased body apathetically, no emotions coursed through him.

Not an ounce of mercy.

A sneeze emitted out of the maidens mouth, she snorted rubbing her nose, "are you ok?" Phillipe asked the younger, "Yep!" She replied. 'Is someone thinking of me?' Y/n pondered, a certain individual popped up to her mind, her cheeks flared up red.

'If only.' she sighed dreamily.

"So what's our agenda today Mikko?" Y/n snapped the male from his daydreams, "Huh?"

"You took me here, remember?" She clarified once more, frowning at how persuasive he was earlier, and unfortunately for her, Martha was nearby thus siding with the prince, as usual.

Glancing at the grassy meadow, looking away embarrassed, he then took her hand to lead her to a certain place where he set up the picnic blanket.

"I apologize for my tardiness, perhaps this can suffice?" He pointed at the scenery, to which in response she smiled as she made her way to the blanket, making herself comfortable, as Mikko did the same.

Moments of pure bliss as Y/n was occupied on unloading the contents of the woven basket they were provided, "Might I ask, what that guy is to you, the one back at the festival I mean."

She hummed, handing him a slice of cake on the fragile porcelain plate,"A friend of mine."Y/n replied.

"Nothing more?" Mikko pointed out before taking a bite of the sweet pastry, Y/n went silent before giggling at the latter, "What do you mean?"

He shrugged at her not bothering to reply.

Another silence engulf them as the sound of nature and the clangs of the silver wear made upon making contact with the plates. "You look gorgeous as ever today." He blurted out of the blue, keeping his calm facade, whence in reality Mikko felt like having a cardiac arrest due to being with the presence of the maiden alone.

Anxiety pierced through his heart when he didn't get a reply or two from her,' He messed up didn't he?' placing the plate down, as he fully turned to look at her, and before they both knew it.

Their faces was now a few meters away from each other, as they both simultaneously turned to both sides, in results of the awkward position they're in. 'Cliché'

Looking away the moment Mikko found himself drawn closer to her face, clearing her throat,

"Thanks, and so do you."

Looking at his lap as he fumbled with his fingers giddily, a smile curved up on his lips.

Try as he might. His mother's taunting voice was haunting him, day and night. As a teenager, or rather as he was growing, Mikko was so angry with the world, not until he turned 19. How did that even happened in the first place? What led him to harboring such anger at such a young age?

All because of a drawing. A mere drawing that snapped his inner peace. Wouldn't that be overreacting? Let put you in the scene of the said situation;

Scarlet, she's ruthless as she is beautiful. Her voice is as sweet like honey, but her words was a dagger straight to the heart. His earliest memories of knowing who his mother was when he proudly showed her a drawing he made. As a child with no Art expertise, it was not bound to look good.

Mikko hurriedly tugged Mario along with him with an excited grin on his face, pulling him on the parlor where his mother and her companions were lounging, opening the door without asking for permission to do so, he greeted his mother;

"Mother!" He shouted with gleam, Scarlet chuckled whilst opening her arms for the boy to embrace, "Hello Ijo." Presenting a genuine smile as the two women with the room along with them were in awe of the display of affection between a mother and a son.

"I made you something." He unlatched himself from the hug as he handed her his drawing of their family. The two women giggled, "It's something dear prince." The woman commented.

"It's decent, good job crown prince." The other one commented. Mikko didn't think much of what they said as he smiled at them, failing to notice the irk mark on his mother's forehead;

"The two of you."

"Out!" Scarlet ordered the women, "Huh-
Milko faced his mother confused and back at the two women who scurried quickly out the room, leaving them both inside, counting their servants.

And then, she snapped.

That memory was branded on his mind like a hot rod protruding one's skin. Giving him a scar that will last for as long as he'll live.

On a seemingly normal afternoon turned into a one sided screaming fess between the two. Scarlet, screaming at the 9 year old prince,
Because of that day he vowed to hate her being until he dies. Yet a part of him wanted to love her, he tried giving her a chance.

Yet she was beyond repair.

In his eyes, Scarlet was an enemy that he might get rid off in the future when he's crowned king.

Seems like it was just yesterday where you'd hear doors being slammed shut, to silence. Eerie silence.

People were more terrified of him than he was when he's growing up. Mikko, the hot headed prince had turned ice cold of a person they encounter everyday.

Does Mikko even know the lines between hate and love?

- To Be Continued