Aprés Moi, Le Déluge

Hayley and Victoria sat in one of the studies, listening to Elijah. The original vampire looked through an old book about witches. "The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them hexa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina." Elijah told them.

Victoria looked over to Hayley, who was sporting a very guilty look. She made a note to ask the girl about it later.

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection" Klaus spoke as he entered the room, looking at Victoria, making her roll her eyes. "Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence."

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over 200 years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?" Elijah sat down on his chair, trying to figure it out.

Klaus made his way to sit extremely close to Victoria and she gave him a look, "Why does any witch do anything?" He moved his arm to rest behind her. She didn't care enough to move it.

Silence passed until they heard something being smashed. "Well, that's going well." Klaus commented.

Elijah rolled his eyes at his little brother, "If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." Victoria nodded in agreement.

"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Klaus asked.

"Give me a month. I'll get you a list."

Victoria smiled at the comment, "Oh, come on, Lijah. You know your brother's heart." Making Elijah turn his head to her.

"You are absolutely correct, Victoria. Give me two months, maybe three." Elijah corrected himself, smiling, when Victoria chuckled. Klaus looked between the two and rolled his eyes at his brother making the girl laugh.

They heard another smashing sound, prompting Victoria to get up and check on Davina. Klaus sighed, "Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass." He got up and followed the pregnant teen upstairs.

Victoria made her way up to the young witch's room, to be welcomed by the sight of the poor girl throwing up dirt. She ran over to her, pulling her hair back. "Davina, Davina!" Marcel called out to the girl, worried for her.

Klaus walked into the room, hearing the commotion, "What's with all the racket?" He asked, seeing the dirt on the floor, "Bloody hell."

Before anyone had a chance to respond to anything that had just happened upstairs, the house began to shake, like there's an earthquake. Klaus sped over to Victoria, picking her up to stand in the doorway. He held an arm around her waist, while his other hand rested on her head, bringing it into his chest to shield her from any debris.

The shaking suddenly stopped and Klaus finally let go of Victoria. He put his hand under chin and lifted it so that she would look at him, "Are you alright, love?" She nodded.

Marcel and Klaus walked out with Victoria, when Rebekah asked, "What the hell is going on?"

Klaus sighed, "Davina."

"