Tangled up in Blue

Victoria was sitting on the floor, holding a thick book in her hands, which happened to be Elijah's, reading

Victoria was sitting on the floor, holding a thick book in her hands, which happened to be Elijah's, reading. Hayley and Victoria were very intrigued as to what he wrote in the journal so they read it.

August 1359.
I have noticed a difference in my siblings. Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Each day removes them further from the humanity we once possessed. My sweet sister, Rebekah, has grown quite indifferent to brutality. However, the true problem remains my brother, Niklaus. He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty. Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of a family united. For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness.

Victoria was about to read further when they heard Rebekah yelling, causing the werewolves to get up to check it out. "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire."

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child."

"Oh, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven."

Hayley and Victoria entered the foyer. "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." Victoria spoke up.

Klaus turned to the younger brunette, "Well, that depends what plan you mean, love. My plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?"

Rebekah gave him a fake smile before turning around and grabbing a pencil from the desk beside her and throwing it in Klaus' direction. Klaus catches it easily before it can impale his face.

Hayley and Victoria looked at each other before rolling their eyes, "The plan to rescue Elijah."

"You know, the good brother. The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back." Hayley told them.

Klaus smirked, "In the front, if we're being specific."

Hayley crossed her arms, "You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?"

"Okay" Klaus sighed, "Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy—he's my friend, albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly, sister, please."

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Rebekah continued.

Victoria furrowed her brows, "That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?" She asked, looking between the siblings.