Chapter 8: The Originals

It had been a month later that Victoria and Hayley had left Mystic Falls and traveled around to find their families

It had been a month later that Victoria and Hayley had left Mystic Falls and traveled around to find their families. The morning after Victoria had spent the night with Klaus, Hayley had made fun of the fact that she had slept with the hybrid despite the fact that she told her that nothing was going to happen between them.

She had been fine, but recently she'd been feeling nauseous and vomiting, along with a splitting headache. She had assumed that she had gotten sick or gotten food poisoning. She brushed it off, telling herself that it was nothing and she could get through it.

Hayley pulled into a gas station, shaking Victoria out of her thoughts. "Go inside and get some snacks while I fill up the tank." The Moore girl nodded and quickly walked inside and scanned the aisles for anything she was feeling. She had already gotten some chips and drinks that Hayley would like, but she couldn't find anything appetizing enough. She just picked up snacks she'd probably like, but if it came down to it, she'd just steal some of Hayley's when she's not looking.

She kept wandering the aisles until she came to a certain one. She didn't know why she came to this aisle, but whatever it was, took her here. She was at the aisles that contained pregnancy tests. She got an idea in her mind to buy a pack of two so she and Hayley could take them together, like she'd seen girls do on social media. Thing is, Hayley would never go for it because she thought it was dumb. So she was gonna do it herself. She just wanted to know what it was like to take one of these pregnancy tests.

She paid for everything and went back to the car, hiding the box holding the test somewhere in the car where Hayley would be too lazy to find it. Hayley got back into the car and the girls buckled their seatbelts and went on their way.

The minute they stepped foot into New Orleans, Victoria felt as though everything was familiar

The minute they stepped foot into New Orleans, Victoria felt as though everything was familiar. She didn't think she'd been here before. She shrugged it off as her and Hayley sat down in a deserted bar at midday.

Victoria had already gone to the bathroom as soon as they walked. She took the test and for some reason. She had waited for the two minutes the directions told her to wait and she nervously picked up the test. It was negative. Victoria smiled proudly. "I'm gonna beat teen pregnancy. Go me." She threw the test out and walked back to her and Hayley's table and sat down to eat their gumbo.