Prologue

~~~ JAMES POV ~ ~ ~
I hug my Mum and Dad goodbye. I board the train and slide into the first compartment I see. It's occupied by a gourgous girl with red hair and green eyes. I would've sat next to her but she was next to some disgusting looking slimy, greasy haired trash.
I sat next to the other kid in the compartment. We started talking about Quidditch. His name was Sirius and he was so awesome. I've never really had a friend before.
"You'd better be in Slytherin," said the greasy boy , to the pretty girl. "Slytherin?" I said in disgust. "Who wants to be in Slytherin? I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?" I asked Sirius. Sirius did not smile. "My whole family have been in Slytherin," he said. "Blimey," I said, "and I thought you seemed all right!"
Sirius grinned. "Maybe I'll break the tradition. Where are you heading, if you've got the choice?"
I lifted an invisible sword. " 'Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart!' Like my dad." Greasy boy- no I'll call him Snivvelus made a small, disparaging noise. I turned on him. "Got a problem with that?" "No," said Snivelly, though his slight sneer said otherwise. "If you'd rather be brawny than brainy -" "Where're you hoping to go, seeing as you're neither?" interjected Sirius. I roared with laughter. The pretty girl sat up, rather flushed, and looked from James to Sirius in dislike. "Come on, Severus, let's find another compartment." "Oooooo ..." Me and Sirius imitated her lofty voice"
I tried to trip Snape as he passed. "See ya, Snivellus!" Sirius called, as the compartment door slammed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first years were getting sorted. The pretty haired girl got called by Professor McGonagall. "Evans, Lily"
The hat called out "Gryffindor"
I heard Snivelly groan.
Sirius was also in Gryffindor. I got sorted. I saw Snivellus at the Slytherin table. The food came out. I was sitting near Sirius and Lily. I dug into the food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That night, in the boys dorm I showed Sirius my Invisibility Cloak.
"This will be awesome for pranks!" He shrieked excitedly. "I can't believe you have one!"
"it was my dads." I stated proudly.
I caught I sad looking boy, Remus Lupin watching.

"Wanna join us in our pranking?"

His face lit up. "Yes!"
A short ugly boy asked us if he could join us to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
FIFTH YEAR: LILY'S POV
I can't belive Sev- I mean Snape called me the M word. One of my best friends Mary walked over to me.
"Now he's threatening to sleep here if you don't come out, just go tell him to go away please. "
I stomped off.
I'm sorry."
"I'm not interested."
"I'm sorry!"
"Save your breath."
It was nighttime. I was wearing a dressing gown, stood with her arms folded in front of the portrait of the Fat Lady, at the entrance to Gryffindor Tower. "I only came out because Mary told me you were threatening to sleep here. "
"I was. I would have done. I never meant to call you Mudblood, it just -"
"Slipped out?" There was no pity in my voice. "It's too late. I've made excuses for you for years. None of my friends can understand why I even talk to you. You and your precious little Death Eater friends - you see, you don't even deny it! You don't even deny that's what you're all aiming to be! You can't wait to join You-Know-Who, can you?" He opened his mouth, but closed it without speaking. "I can't pretend anymore. You've chosen your way, I've chosen mine."
"No - listen, I didn't mean -" "- to call me Mudblood?But you call everyone of my birth Mudblood, Severus. Why should I be any different?"
He struggled on the verge of speech, but with a contemptuous look I turned and climbed back through the portrait hole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JAMES POV
Finally Evans realized how horrible Snivellus is and broke off her friendship with him. I saw her chatting with her best friends Alice and Marlene.
Maybe she'll go out with me now that Snivelly is out if her life. "Hey Evans will you go out with me."
Alice and Marlene giggle. Her face turns bright red and i run away before she starts yelling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
《AN》All rights for these characters go to JK Rowling. I changed the words a bit, because it was Harry watching these scenes that I took from the book so.... anyway hope you enjoy this story and go check out my other story about Victoire Weasley.