Special Chapter

Lotte World was jam-packed that cloudy spring afternoon. Jimin watched as the gigantic boat rocked back and forth in sync with the undulating screams of its passengers. He was seated on a nearby bench, cradling a four-year old Vin on his lap. He laughed when the toddler giggled as his head followed the swinging of the ride.

"Do you want to ride that too? You can. But when you're older. You're too small for it for now." He smiled at him.

Jungkook arrived a few minutes after. The toddler quickly reached his arms out to him.

"You missed dada?" He asked as he lifted him up. Vin nodded and grinned. "I missed you too." He peppered his cheek with kisses.

"Enjoyed the ride?"

Jungkook happily nodded.

"You're forty and already a father but you still like to play." Jimin commented.

Jungkook pouted then playfully smiled at his son.

"Where's Taehyung and Jihyun?"

"They bought ice cream. Coo and Chim aren't back yet?"

"Not yet."

"Mon Amour!"

They both turned to where the voice was coming from. Taehyung was walking towards them, his one hand was carrying a cup of ice cream while the other was holding the hand of a pretty teenage girl.

"Uncle Jimin, riding that was so fun!" She exclaimed. "Why didn't you join us?"

"So someone can look after V." Jimin reasoned.

"You're just scared." Taehyung retorted before closing in to kiss the toddler in Jungkook's arms.

Jimin shot him a sharp look. Jungkook chuckled.

"Babe, you want ice cream?" Taehyung asked. A spoonful already on its way to his husband's mouth.

Jungkook parted his lips to accept it.

"Baby, you want ice cream?" Taehyung asked his son.

V enthusiastically nodded.

"Ahhh." Taehyung gaped his mouth as he fed him.

"Dada. Papa. Let's try that one with Coo." Jihyun suggested.

Jungkook looked at the rather extreme ride. "Your brother's just six. He's not allowed there. It's too scary for him."

"Coo is very brave." V chimed in.

"He is, baby. Hyung is very brave." Taehyung agreed. "Where are they?"

"Aunt Crystal brought them to Swing Pang Pang." Jihyun replied.

"Let's go to them."

Taehyung and Jihyun walked ahead with their hands entwined, swaying. Jungkook fixed the hood of Vin's bear onesie and gently pushed the sunglasses up his nose to protect his eyes.

"Everything fine in Paris?" Jimin quietly asked.

"Everything's good." Jungkook smiled at him. "He's fine. Don't worry."

Jimin pressed his lips into a tight smile. "I'm glad."

"He's sending you his well-wishes. He hoped you're always doing well. You, Chim and your wife."

 ...

Book Two: Oath Keeper