Chapter 12: Never Have I Ever

Jungkook has just finished his set. It was the usual Friday night. He came in to the bar a little around nine after resting at home. The bar was jam-packed. As always. After having slow, chill hours, the bar was now back to its loud atmosphere. Like most Fridays, Jimin, Yoongi, Ellie and Fay were there. Something was unusual though. He hasn't seen Taehyung tonight yet. Jungkook approached his friends' table, wandering his eyes.

"He had an emergency at home. But he'll be here soon." Yoongi said.

"Hyung, no one's asking." Jungkook answered. What happened?

"Uh huh. Well, his mom got rushed to the hospital." Yoongi reported anyway.

Is she okay? Is he okay? He thought.

"She's fine now. Just a little problem with her blood pressure. Taehyung's fine. Don't worry about him."

Jungkook sighed in relief. Jimin shot him a smile of reassurance.

"Speaking of the devil." Yoongi said.

They all turned to where Yoongi was looking. Taehyung was walking towards them, sporting his boxy smile. His eyes were focused on just one though. Jungkook smiled at him briefly. But it was a dazzling one. Yoongi noticed the subtle exchange. He was bothered once again. He wondered if Taehyung's grin is just an act because Jungkook's was definitely not.

"Mind if I join you?" Taehyung asked.

"What's with asking permission? You never cared about what we want before." Fay said eyebrow raised.

Taehyung and Jungkook chuckled. Their eyes met. But unlike what usually happens before, they held each other's gaze. The four other people felt incredibly out of place. They quietly looked at each other.

"What is with this mood? It's so warm and fuzzy." Ellie finally broke the silence.

"Let's sit." Jungkook invited.

Taehyung sat down. Jungkook was about to sit beside him when he remembered something.

"Jimin, I forgot my phone in your car." He said

"Oh. I will get it."

"No. I'll get it myself. Just let me borrow your key."

"Here." Jimin handed Jungkook his key fob.

"I won't take long."

Jungkook stood up and walked out of the bar into the parking lot. He went inside the car and found his phone on the dashboard. He checked it and saw 10 missed calls from his brother. He thought it might be an emergency so he decided to call him. He waited for his brother to pick up.

"Jungkook." He answered after the first few rings.

"Hoseok hyung, what happened? You called so many times. Is there something wrong?"

"I called you because I found your wallet on the floor in the living room. You might think you lost it."

"Oh. Okay. I didn't notice."

"You want me to bring it to you?"

"No, it's fine hyung. I'll just ask Jimin to drop me off."

"Okay. Take care and get home safely. Don't drink too much."

"I won't. You should rest already."

"I was about to. I'm hanging up. Goodnight."

"Goodnight. Bye hyung."

After the call, Jungkook checked the other calls and messages he got. He found two missed calls and one message from Taehyung from two hours earlier. He informed him that he will be late because of the emergency Yoongi told earlier. Jungkook got out of the car, locked it and walked back to the bar. He noticed a familiar figure at the smoking area beside the building. He got nervous. He wanted to know who he was with. He contemplated. But then decided that ignorance is bliss. He was about to pull the door when he stopped because he really really wanted to know. He walked slowly and stealthily towards him, holding his breath. Preparing his heart for what's to come. He stopped a few steps and hid behind a wall. He tried to have a good look and saw that he was with Yoongi. He sighed in relief. He realized he looked silly. What he was doing was ridiculous. Why am I spying at them? So he decided to leave them until...