Chapter 10: Nocturnal

"Is my brother in his office?" Taehyung asked Seokjin's secretary.

"He's currently at a meeting, Mr. Kim." She answered.

"I'll wait in his office."

She smiled and nodded her head then walked him into his office.

"Do you want anything sir?"

"I'll have an iced tea." He answered.

He sat on the sofa and flipped through magazines while waiting.

"I'll just put this on his table. Please tell him to eat after his meeting." He heard a woman speak.

He looked up and saw a woman entering the office. She has a paper bag in her hand.

"Jisoo noona." Taehyung called her.

"Taehyung." She smiled. He stood up as his sight followed her. She went before the center table in front him and placed the paper bag there.

"You need anything from oppa?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm waiting for him to finish his meeting."

Jisoo nodded. "I just brought this." She said as she carefully put a container of carbonara out of the paper bag. "Your brother often misses lunch."

"You'd be a very good wife." He said and smiled at her.

"Taehyung." Seokjin, who has just entered the office, called.

"Honey." Jisoo called Seokjin. She went close to him and lightly placed a kiss on his cheek.

Seokjin stared at Taehyung who was also staring at them.

"Hey. I'm here." Taehyung commented. Jisoo smiled shyly. She left a few minutes after reminding Seokjin to eat.

"Have you eaten?" Seokjin asked Taehyung.

"I did. I have to take care of myself. Unlike you, I don't have someone taking care of my meals."

Seokjin looked down and sighed.

"I just want to ask something." Taehyung started.

"What is it?"

"The convenience store at Crown Plaza is still ours right?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

"Tell the manager to give a certain employee a fixed schedule and make it earlier so he can still sleep before going to school."

Seokjin was confused. His request was too specific.

"Why?" Seokjin asked.

"I'm worried. He's always exhausted. I want him to rest even for a while."

Seokjin was dumbfounded. I'm worried. He's always exhausted. I want him to rest even for a while. He repeated the words in his head. First, his brother is concerned. For someone else. For someone who is not their mom, or Jisoo. Second, he wants something. But he wants something not for himself. Third, he was there in front of him, after two years. Just to ask him. He didn't even come on his birthdays. His brother is being so caring, his heart swelled. Who is this guy?

"Who is he?" He asked.

There was a long pause. "Jeon Jungkook."

Jeon Jungkook. His name sounds familiar. Then he remembered. The egg guy! They ended up together after all. He needs to see him. He is going to visit him one of these days.

...

Taehyung was waiting impatiently for the clock to strike 12. He was lying on his couch with a pillow over his stomach while eating rice crackers. What shall I have today? He thought to himself. Then his alarm blew off. He stood up excitedly and threw the pillow overhead. He put a jacket on, went out the door and into the elevator towards the downstairs convenience store.