Chapter 26: You Are My Hope

Seokjin popped the hood of his car. None of it was familiar to him. He just did, as a last ditch effort, hoping that he could somehow do something about his very unlucky day. It was only seven in the morning. His car broke down. He forgot to bring his phone and wallet. He chose to drive on his own. He doesn't know anything about fixing cars. And he'll be late for an important meeting. He wanted to flounce. He's just trying to stop himself from doing so. People might see.

He stared at his car's engine miserably. Then he noticed a cab halting a few feet ahead.

"Sir, do you need help?" The guy from the cab asked while walking towards him.

"My car broke down. And I have to be in a meeting in...thirty minutes." Seokjin explained.

"Mind if I look?" He said while pointing at the car. "I worked at a repair shop." He smiled warmly.

"Really? You're a gift from the heavens."

The guy chuckled delightfully. He examined the engines.

"Sir, you have a coolant leak."

Seokjin looked at him, confused. "I have no clue about what you just said."

The guy chuckled again.

"Can it be fixed?"

"Yeah. But we need an hour or two to fix it. And some parts and tools."

"That's a problem." Seokjin sighed loudly.

"If you're in such a hurry. You can take my cab." They both looked at the cab which was still waiting.

"Won't that cause trouble for you?"

"It's fine. I'm actually early for work."

"Thank you so much." Seokjin bowed but then he remembered. "Uhhh. Actually, I...uh."

"What is it?"

"I don't have money for fare. I forgot my wallet at home." Seokjin said, embarrassed.

The guy just smiled, pulled out his wallet and handed him several bills. "Is that enough?"

Seokjin noticed that he had none left. "Would you be fine?"

"Don't worry about me. I'll just call my friend to pick me up. Is that enough?"

"I actually have no idea. But maybe it would suffice."

"You go on. You can't be late. Just call for a tow later."

"Thank you. I thought I was out of luck today. I actually didn't have a phone either. I also failed to bring it." He added comfortably.

The guy let out a hearty laugh. "What a morning huh?"

"You're actually the only glimmer of hope I had this morning."

"Don't say that. It's just the start of the day. There'll be many more to come."

Seokjin smiled. "Ah. Take my number. Call me. So I can pay you."

"You don't have to."

"Please. I want to repay you."

"It's fine. Don't worry."

"Let me just buy you drinks?"

The guy contemplated. "Okay." He handed Seokjin his phone.

Seokjin typed in his number.

"I'm Kim Seokjin." He said as he hand the phone back. He went in for a handshake.

The guy took it while bowing. "I'm Jeon Hoseok."