Chapter 42: Fake Love

Taehyung was already in his third bottle of soju. He was drinking alone in a pojangmacha he found while dazedly walking around after Jungkook left him. With his head propped on his bended arm, he was intensely focused on pouring himself another shot. He enlarged his eyes to see clearer. But he was already very drunk. The soju missed the glass entirely. Taehyung laughed boisterously and proceeded to drink from the bottle itself.

"You t-think you can get away from me? Huh?" He asked the bottle.

He chuckled once again. "You can't run away from me. You don't...have a Jimin to d-drive you."

He emptied the bottle in one go. "It's empty?" He asked when he realized.

His sight fell on a small plate of dried squid and nuts on the table. "Uh? I'm sorry. I did not eat you. Because...this." He raised the empty bottle. "This is what I want. I just kept you on the side."

He laughed and then bursted out crying. "This is what I want! This is the only one I want! Why can't you believe me? You're the only one I want!"

He bawled, head down on the table. At this point, only the newcomers of the stall were shocked by the sudden outburst. The other people around has been used to him since he's been laughing and wailing for the past three hours already. No one dared to reach out to the man who was obviously extremely inconsolable and devastated.

Taehyung suddenly sprung up from his seat and walked unsteadily towards the old woman by the counter.

"Grandma, one more b-bottle please."

"Son, you have no money. I already gave you three bottles in credit."

He felt his pocket less shorts and shirt. "But I...I want to drink more." He pouted.

"No more. You're in for a terrible hangover already. Go home and when you're sober, try to talk to your girlfriend. Don't let her go if you don't want to lose her."

"I don't have one." He said while shaking his head slowly.

"Then who are you crying for senselessly?! Go. Leave my stall before my customers get scared of you." She gently push him away.

Taehyung slowly staggered away from the food stall. He walked aimlessly, uncontrollably bumping against people's shoulders. It earned him glares and angry mutters. But he was unaware. Despite hearing numerous sounds, he kept his eyes on the ground. There were happy giggles and chatters, loud honks and beeps from cars and a bright, lively song playing in the background.

Cause I-I-I'm in the stars tonight.

Taehyung looked up at the sky. He's been staring at it for the past months. He'd been checking if there are plenty of stars and how brightly they shine. He's been finding the moon. He continued to walk without peeling his eyes away. The moon was nowhere in sight. He turned and shifted trying to find it.

"T-there's no moon." He murmured to himself.

His tears started to fall. "It's not...there. Not there anymore. There's no m-moon. The moon left me." He sobbed.

He was looking up while unknowingly traversing a crosswalk. His unsteady gait made him stumble on his own foot. The world toppled when he fell on the ground. He saw several pairs of feet coming and going. He heard multiple honks all at once.

He wanted to move. But his body wouldn't follow. He remembered the nightmares he had before and got instantly scared. He was hyperventilating.

"Jungkook." He quietly called. "Jungkook."

But Jungkook was not there.

"Jin hyung." He cried.

He was alone. The ones he called were not around to help him. He got terrified. He felt like he was going to die.