Chapter 5: Push and Pull

Taehyung was already at the cafeteria with Ellie and Fay when Yoongi, Jimin and Jungkook came. Jimin was holding Jungkook's sweater sleeves. He was looking anywhere but at Taehyung. Taehyung perceived the avoidance. Jungkook cannot look him in the eye. He could tell that he knows. He's just pretending that he doesn't. It's okay. I got time. I have means. Taehyung thought confidently. Yoongi sat in front of him. Taehyung raised his eyebrow.

"What are you doing? Sit somewhere else." Taehyung commanded. The only seat available for Jungkook to occupy, now that Yoongi is sitting in front of him, was the second one at Taehyung's left. Jimin has occupied the head next to him.

"Fay, sit somewhere else." Taehyung told Fay who was beside him.

"Fuck off." She replied.

"Jimin." Taehyung called.

"No." Yoongi said sternly. "Let him be. He might suffer from indigestion because of your face."

Jimin smiled at Yoongi. He smiled back. Tss. They're ganging up on me. Taehyung thought.

"Want to hang out later?" Ellie asked.

"Yeah. We haven't really hangout outside school since...Rob and Charles." Jimin said.

"Where?"

"Dionysus." Fay suggested.

"That's a good idea. We haven't seen Namjoon hyung in a while." Taehyung told Yoongi.

"He said you were there yesterday."

"It's been a while."

"Kook, you coming?" Jimin asked.

"I'll do advanced study." He answered.

Jimin, Ellie and Fay nodded. Taehyung chuckled.

"You have something to say?" Jungkook challenged. He met Taehyung's eyes for the first time today.

Taehyung shrugged, "You're going to die early. Without experiencing fun. You're too uptight."

"Not everyone has the luxury to live like you do. And I don't think you have any right. Everything is served to you in a silver platter."

"It's not my fault that I was born filthy rich. And I do get failing marks too."

"Has that been a problem to you? No matter how many failing marks you get, you're still a stockholder in the future."

"And you think graduating with awards will make you rich?"

"Stop. You don't know anything." Jimin interjected.

"He doesn't need to know." Jungkook said sternly. "He has no right to know." He stood up, placed his unfinished food on the tray and walked away.

"Why do you always have to be so insensitive?" Jimin said as he forcefully stacked plates on his own tray. He didn't let Taehyung answer. He just stormed out the cafeteria after bussing. Ellie and Fay left too after shooting Taehyung a chilly look.

"At this rate, the bet we have is becoming impossible. You can't even get through him." Yoongi said.

"Why is he so sensitive?"

Yoongi looked at Taehyung with disgust. "You really don't know anything." He said as he strode away, shaking his head.

...

"Jungkook?" Namjoon ensured.

"Yeah. How do you know him?" Taehyung repeated his question.

Taehyung has been at the bar for two hours now. Jimin and the others have not turned up yet. He spotted Namjoon on the bar counter and remembered that Jungkook sings there sometimes. You don't know anything. Everyone seemed to be in agreement with this comment about him. So there he was, trying to learn something about Jungkook.