Chapter 1: The Heartbreaker

Jimin, Jungkook and their friends were having lunch in the cafeteria. It was an uneventful day, so far. Just the usual hassle. Jimin and Jungkook, both twenty, are second year university students. Jungkook is taking up Culinary Arts while Jimin is studying Commercial Music. It was almost the end of the first semester. Both of them have already settled in their schedules despite Jungkook juggling his studies and two other part-time, night jobs. He has to support himself as his mother cannot work and his brother's wage can only pay for their mother's treatment. Jimin is not happy with Jungkook's situation. But what can he do? He's also very dependent on his parents. And Jungkook is too stubborn to accept help from others. He's always been independent and hardworking. Jimin has known him since they were in middle school. He knows he can hold himself up. Even now, with two night jobs and a recent break up, Jungkook still managed to achieve high grades. He's just worried about him overworking.

"Here." Jimin hands Jungkook a ginseng elixir. "Drink it. It's for your health."

Jungkook took the drink and gulped it immediately. "Thanks. I told you. You don't have to worry about me."

Jimin was about to say something when he noticed that Jungkook's eyes were intensely glaring at the cafeteria entrance. He turned and saw Chastity, Jungkook's ex-girlfriend, with Kim Taehyung. They were walking side by side when she handed him a box of banana milk. Jimin scoffed. Banana milk, really? He thought. Kim Taehyung took it and winked at her. He turned back to Jungkook.

"Look away. Hey. Look at me. That bitch doesn't deserve anything from you. Not even a look." Jimin said as he forcefully made Jungkook look at him by pinching both of his cheeks.

"Did she really think that Kim Taehyung will date her?" Fay, one of their friends, asked.

"Maybe she's willing to be one of his...playmates." Charles said.

"It's not wrong to assume that. With the way she moaned, she must have liked it." Rob seconded.

"You got your hands on the audio?"

"Guys, let's stop talking about that." Jungkook interrupted.

"Yep. And it was just his fingers."

"He must be really good."

"Oh, I don't know. Ellie, was he good?" Rob asked Ellie. She just rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, he is the Kim Taehyung. Reputation-wise, girls and boys should be avoiding him. Instead, they throw themselves on his bed."

"I heard a bed is not even needed."

"Please. Just stop."

"He must be so much better than you, Jungkook. Chastity chased you around relentlessly but she's throwing you away now." Fay stated mindlessly.

Jimin's eyes widened with what he heard. He looked at Jungkook who seemed like he was about to say something but stopped. Jimin stood up, fists balled.

"Apologize right now or I'm going to punch your mouth until it bleeds."

Fay belatedly realized the weight of her words. "I'm sorry, Jungkook. I didn't mean to..."

"It's fine. It's true anyways." He cut her off and walked out of the cafeteria.

That one comment forced Jungkook to remember what had happened when he confronted Chastity after listening to the audio recording of her inappropriate time with the walking red flag. Chastity was genuinely sorry. She didn't deny that she may have cheated on him. She was drunk that night. She was so sad that he cannot ever spend time with her outside of school. He doesn't take her on dates. He was always working. While her friends are having a sweet time with their boyfriends, she was in the club alone. Then, Kim Taehyung approached her. THE Kim Taehyung. He remembered how she emphasized the words. Why do they do that? Why do they speak his name like he's someone worthy to be revered? The only thing he knows him for is sleeping with half the school's population. That, and his parties. And his six-feet under grades.

He will not deny the fact that he is beautiful though. His face is like a masterpiece that he wished he is just a painting or a sculpture instead of a person. At least, he won't be the annoying, arrogant heartbreaker and relationship wrecker that he is. He realized his thoughts are rudely interrupted by that Kim Taehyung. Anyway, Kim Taehyung approached her and it might be the alcohol or she's just sexually frustrated. She allowed him to do things to her body. And she liked it. She swore she promised herself that she'll experience her intimate firsts with Jungkook. But he's been unresponsive. Her motivations were ineffective.

Jungkook convinced himself that he just not that type. He doesn't feel like sleeping with her yet. At some point, she wondered if he really liked her. If he really wants her. There was something she held back. They both decided to end their relationship. Jungkook didn't feel sad. They've not been together long. Just three months. He should not think it, but he was glad to get rid of her. But something bothered him from then on. 

...

Jimin was about to leave the cafeteria when he noticed Min Yoongi and Kim Taehyung in another table. Two girls approached them and handed them each a cheesecake. Kim Taehyung smiled and patted the seat beside him. One of the girls sat there while the other one scooted beside Yoongi. Jimin peeled his eyes away from them and focused on his phone.

 Jimin peeled his eyes away from them and focused on his phone

Jimin looked up at the other table again. Kim Taehyung and one of the girls were gone. He caught Yoongi's eyes staring at him. He abruptly looked away, irritated. Yoongi gathered his things and stood up. He walked towards Jimin's table.

"Park. Do you still have time? Can we do our Biology homework right now?" Yoongi asked him.

"Yes. I still have an hour before my next class."

"Mind if I seat with you?" Yoongi asked Jimin's friends. They all allowed him.

They are still working on the homework when Taehyung, looking disheveled, walked towards the table many minutes later.

"Where have you been?" Taehyung said to Yoongi.

"I could ask you the same thing. We're working on a homework." Yoongi answered.

"Why do you have to do it in school? It's a homework." Taehyung said as he sits down on an empty chair in front of Jimin. "Oh right. Because at home, you two study Anatomy."

Jimin rolled his eyes. Yoongi closed his and breathed.

"Nice joke." Fay said.

Taehyung looked at her. "You want to study with me, too?"

"Great joke. You don't study." Fay countered.

Taehyung smirked. "Feisty. I like it."

"I'm going to class." Ellie said.

"You don't have one." Jimin said, confused. Ellie looked at Taehyung who was still looking at Fay then left.

Jimin stared at Ellie until she's out of his sight. Then he looked at Taehyung, annoyed. Taehyung raised one of his eyebrows. Jimin rolled his eyes. Taehyung winked at him then looked at Yoongi who mouthed 'no' while staring at him coldly.