5

"Is the schedule done, hyung?" Hoseok peered over Seokjin's shoulder and subtly glanced at the older's face. He was shocked by what he saw because he never paid attention to Seokjin's state earlier today.

There were bags under his eyes and his hair was only partly combed, and because of his attention to detail Hoseok even noticed his slightly crooked tie, causing him to frown.

"Almost." Said Seokjin, "Sorry, if it's taking too long."

"Mind if I fix your tie?"

"Go ahead." A sigh fell from Seokjin's lips, "I didn't have the patience for it this morning."

Hoseok nodded as his hands met the tie, "I can tell." When he got closer, he finally realized how messed up Seokjin was, not as a person of course- but his usual pleasant appearance wasn't there- not that Seokjin was ever unpleasant to him, but still. And Hoseok knew that Seokjin cared very much about his appearance.

"You've been working day and  night for that promotion, huh? Must be hard being the head of of the Executive team and Park Jimin's part time secretary." Joked Hoseok.

Seokjin's eyes suddenly lit up as he heard the sound of a notification from his computer, "Hoseok, wait, I just got an email from the boss."

Seokjin quickly switched tabs and clicked on the new email, only to let out a groan and mutter out curses soon after.

"That jerk gave you even more work?!"

"Not even that! He's fucking kidding me! I can't do this!"

"Let me take a look at it." Muttered Hoseok as he leaned forward to properly read the email. His eyes suddenly burned with rage, "Hah! I told you, he's never this excited for any of his meetings."

"This is the second time, Hoseok!"

The younger sighed as he went back to fixing Seokjin's tie, "Well we better make you look presentable then."

"How am I going to take his place for this meeting? Just think about it. At least he gave me a heads up last time a day ago, now I have only ten minutes! And why me?" Seokjin was freaking out, and rightfully so.

"Because you're his most trusted employee and worker, Jin. You're practically his secretary at this point."

Seokjin rolled his eyes, "Firstly, I'm not his secretary even if he treats me like one. And what you're saying doesn't match with my paycheck, at all."

Hoseok bit his lip, "Try to be positive, Hyung. I'll even attend it with you this time so that you're not alone."

"You really have time for that?"

"Of course, I can get my financial report for June done later." Hoseok thought for a bit, "You have access to the boss's schedule, right? Let me look through it to get the context of this meeting."

Seokjin didn't notice because of how flushed he was, but there was hint of nervousness in Hoseok's tone, probably because he most likely won't get his work done in time. But the younger didn't care because he deemed Seokjin as more important.

"Thanks a lot."

For some context, this wasn't the first time Seokjin had to take Jimin's place at an important meeting. The older wasn't fond of the boss at all, but unlike Hoseok he didn't express his thoughts as directly. Fake smiles towards Park Jimin, forced handshakes, and Seokjin slightly gritting his teeth every time the younger speaks, gets the point across. 

And you'd be dumb if you thought Jimin was unaware of this behavior. He secretly knew all of his employees' remarks towards him, most of them being negative. But he valued business over pettiness and Seokjin was truly his must trusted employee.