"Is that so Alara?"

"It is if I say it is."

He stepped out of the way of the door, "Go ahead then,"

I did everything in me to conceal my surprise, there had to be some sort of catch, he wouldn't just let me go. But I would take any chance I could get. 

I walked passed him into a living room area with a kitchenette off to the side. The door was there in plain sight, I reached it in an instant, pulling the door open and making my way to my freedom. 

I wasn't prepared for what I would see out of the door, the moment I stepped out I could see nothing but trees for miles. There was nothing but bark and vines as far as the eye could see. I stepped out feeling the crunch of leaves beneath my feet. I turned to face the house I had just stepped out of, it was more a cottage if anything and the only building around. 

We were in the middle of a forest of sorts, with no open road and no way out. 

I could feel his presence behind me, I slight chill running down my spine as I spun around, "What the hell?" My breath caught in the back of my throat as I tried to fathom how I had ended up here, "Where are we? How long was I out?"

"A day," his response was nonchalant as though all that was happening was perfectly normal. 

"A day, what the heck did you give me?" I stepped back into the house knowing that I would get nowhere if I wandered aimlessly through the thick forest. I was completely and utterly stuck. 

I stormed back in and rested back on the couch my head still spinning and my thoughts a scattered mess. 

"What is even going on?" I was speaking more to myself then Cole as I knew he wouldn't give me a clear enough answer. 

"Who were you talking to?" I ground out a bitter tone in my voice. 

"You'll meet them soon enough, while you wait get comfortable," he instructed and turned to leave. 

"Wait, can I at least make a phone call? It's not like I can go anywhere or that anyone would be able to find me,"

He pondered the proposition and I thought he would say no but reluctantly he pulled out his phone and tossed it over to me. It obviously wasn't his main phone, it old and battered most likely a burner. 

"Who are you going to call?"

I didn't see the point in lying to him, "Cameron,"

"Go ahead, you're going to need to talk to him sooner or later anyways," and that was all the information he gave me before walking off to do whatever he planned to do. 

Thankful for the small amount of privacy I was provided with I clutched the phone in my hand for a moment. I had admittedly decided to memorise Cameron's number as a precaution after I had been kidnapped the first time. How messed up was it to have to say the first time I was kidnapped, I really shouldn't have jinxed it by saying I should get kidnapped more often. 

His number was a permanent fixture in my brain at this point, so typing the digits was easy enough. My fingers flying across the keys and pressing lightly, watching the screen light up a faint blue with each number entered. I stared at it for a moment, not knowing what to say when I finally pressed the call button. 

The line rang only twice before I heard that ever so smooth voice, the voice I was yearning to hear, "Hello,"

"Hi," I whispered my voice shaky and fragile as I hung onto the sound of him.

"God, Alara is that you? Are you ok, darling?"

"Yes, Cameron it's me and I'm fine, you don't know how good it is to hear your voice," I didn't realise it until the tear fell on the back of my hand but I was crying. 

"Where are you sweetheart, tell me and I'll come get you, don't worry about a thing," his voice was so reassuring a constant I could rely on. 

"I-I don't know where I am, it's like a forest in the middle of nowhere, but I really am fine, I'm not hurt of anything. What happened at the ball, I heard gunfire when I was in the bathroom."

"There was an attack by a nameless gang and I think they were looking for you,"

"Me? Why?"

I heard shuffling in the background before the voice on the other end of the line changed, "They're looking for the Blood Diamond Ma chérie,"

"Dane? Why do you have Cameron's phone?"

I heard more commotion in the background and the phone being tugged away, "Ignore him," Cameron's voice returned, "It's a bit complicated but I'll explain to you when we get there,"

"Wait, do you already know where I am?" I was confused I could feel my brows furrowing at the new revelation.

"Not exactly but Laurier has a pretty good idea," he explained briefly. 

"Is Cole there?" he suddenly asked. 

"Yes how did you know?"

"Again, Laurier."

"Do you want to speak to him?"

"I want to beat the shit out of him but that can wait." I couldn't help but laugh a little I didn't know why but it just felt a little funny to me. 

"Ah, there's that beautiful laugh of yours," even though I knew he couldn't see me, I blushed furiously. 

"Hang tight, I'll be there soon and we will work out what the hell is going on and why you've become a target."

"Come soon please," again my voice reverted back to that breakable whisper, a vulnerability that I only ever seemed to show him. 

"I will. I promise."