Our Newest Camper {Chapter 5}

"Rise and shine, sweetie," Jade mimicked me as she woke me up. She had a smug look on her face.

"Wow, someone holds a grudge," I said to her.

"No, it's just fun when you can get onto your counsellor/older sister for what they got onto you for," she replied back to me. I thought about my dream. Why was that shown to me now? What is the importance of seeing the night that they came to camp? Then a sudden thought came to me. The boy. I shot out of bed and Jade jumped back.

"Why are you suddenly so excited to wake up?" she asked me.

"I just.... Realised I have a pegasus riding class to teach today and I need to figure out what I am going to teach." I lied. Well, it wasn't a complete lie. I did have pegasus training with the campers, but I knew what I was going to teach today. I was teaching how to dive and land gracefully.

"Okay..." Jade replied. Just like last night, she didn't seem to believe me. I turned away so that she couldn't read my expression. I walked out the door but then turned back around to address my cabin.

"Cabin 10," I began. "Finish your tidy so that we will get better jobs. I have inspection duty today so you can expect to be judged harshly." I never let my cabin off the hook if they didn't clean well. My siblings often charm others into giving them a 5/5. But I couldn't be charmed as easily since I am a daughter of Aphrodite as well. "See you guys later," I said as I walked out the door again.

I headed over to the Big House to get the marking sheets from Chiron. As I entered, I saw Mr D and Chiron playing pinochle and I heard murmuring in a side room.

"Hey, Chiron," I said.

"Hmph. Of course you would address the horse first. Don't you have any respect for this god? If you weren't a camper here, I would turn you into a dolphin, Sissy Banana" Mr D said. Did I mention that Chiron, the trainer of heroes, was a centaur? The exact one that trained Hercules, Theseus, and all the other heroes. And did I mention that Mr D is a total pain and that he never gets our names right? Still, he was still the god of wine so I didn't want to anger him.

"Silena Beauregard, actually, Mr D." I corrected.

"Whatever, Samantha Binocular," he replied. Seriously? That's not even close to my name. But I chose to ignore him.

"Anyway, Chiron, I need the slips, please."

"Here you go, Silena," he said, handing me the slips.

"Thanks," I replied. I turned to leave but then remembered why I was so excited to get up.

"Chiron?" I said turning around.

"Yes?"

"So, do we, by any chance, have a new camper?" I asked all sweetly.

He raised an eyebrow. "How do you know about that?"

"I, uh, had a dream last night," I said.

"Oh, really? What was it?" I told him what I saw with the minotaur and the boy, not my actual dream.

"Well, yes, he is in the infirmary over there with Annabeth. She is helping feed him ambrosia until he gets better."

"Why can't Gracie do it?" I asked. Gracie Rodriguez is the Apollo cabin counselour and is skilled in healing.

"She's still helping clean up from the last capture the flag."

"Oh. Who's still hurt?"

"Zach Banks," he replied.

"Oh," I answered. Of course it would still be him. He is a son of Hephaestus and although children of Hephaestus usually keep to themselves and to their machines, Zach is insanely competitive but not very good with a sword. During capture the flag, maiming isn't allowed but most people just defend themselves and end up hurting him. He can't fight too well so he gets injured really easily.