40. Cure for the Itch

5 months later

"We've been 5 Seconds of Summer, thank you for having us Sydney!"

As soon as I step off stage, I'm being engulfed in the biggest hug known to man. I hug back, of course, because I'm finally being held by my mum.

"It's been too long without you home. Oh, I've missed you!"

"Mum, I'm covered in sweat-"

"Does it look like I care?" I hug back even tighter and sink into her touch, ignoring the sweat and allowing myself to enjoy her warmth.

"Just one more month and you'll be back home with me." She says with a sigh of relief. Once our long awaited hug ends, I see Mikey looking behind me with a worried expression. I follow his line of sight and land on the reason for his worries, which immediately turn into my worries as well. Calum's coming over here and his mum and dad and waiting for him. Last I heard, they were still on bad terms, so I have no idea how things are about to go down. Ashton arrives at my side after Calum passes us by. Cal stops in his tracks before reaching where his mum is stood beside his dad. There's silence between them for a moment despite how loud everything else is.

"Come here." Joy says, a smile crossing her face as she opens her arms. Calum practically jumps into them and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. Ash and I smile at one another, loving a happy ending. Calum's gone through 7 months of isolation from his parents, not knowing if they're supportive of what he's doing at all, but now they're here, and they seem to be happy with him.

Ashtons mum pulls him into a hug with teary eyes and I almost gasp when I see who's waiting behind her- Lauren and Harry! I knew they'd be here too, but it's a little surprising seeing everyone again after so long. Ash lifts them up in his embrace and they let out joyous laughter. Seeing them reunited makes me feel so full inside.

They run to me next and attack me in a hug. I hug back and notice that they've both gotten taller. How dare they get taller without me around?

My mum hugs Ashton next and he smiles brightly in her presence before we retreat to side stage to watch One Directions set together. Once their set ends, we all gather in their dressing room. We get changed out of our stage clothes into something fresh and go off on our way to find somewhere to have dinner and celebrate.

Luckily we need no reservation at a restaurant nearby that isn't too packed, and we don't get mobbed either. With everyone sat together, Ashton on one of my sides and my mum on the other, I kick my feet back and forth under my seat and smile contentedly. I catch Harry- Styles, that is- looking at me then back at his phone as he types something. I look at Ashton and he points at Louis who's also looking at his phone and laughing.

"What are the lads up to?" Ashton wonders, speaking my thoughts exactly.

"Check Twitter." Michael says with a laugh before his mum tells him to put his phone away at the dinner table. We're at a restaurant, does this count as a dinner table?

Ashton opens Twitter and I watch over his shoulder as he looks up Harrys account. Sure enough, there's a tweet from one minute ago.

@Harry_Styles:
Sat at dinner with the Emo's.