31. Feeling This

I pop each of my fingers individually in anticipation. I wait anxiously for the door in front of me to open and suck in a breath when it finally does. But I let it out immediately when I see my boyfriends warm smiling face.

"There you are!" He welcomes me, opening his arms which I gladly walk into. His hug is just as warm as the weather outside today- which I'm not very fond of. After I walk in, he greets my mum with a hug as well and closes the door behind us. Anne walks in from the kitchen whilst drying her hands with a rag, I smile at the little hearts on her apron. Her face lights up when she sees my mum and the two of them share perhaps and even warmer greeting than Ashton and I, which we laugh at.

"Merry Christmas, Luke." Ash tells me as he takes my hand and pulls me out of the hallway with him. I get butterflies in my stomach from it. Maybe it's silly, but it just feels so special. It's a new experience for us, and for me- the first time hearing my boyfriend tell me Merry Christmas. I hope we'll spend many, many more Christmases together in the future. I can only hope.

Ashton guides me up the stairs with a strong hand on the small of my back and I whisper back when I know we're out of ear shot.

"Merry Christmas, Ash. Even though it's only Christmas eve." He rolls his eyes at my playful remark.

"Whatever, if you're a stickler for the rules then I won't give you your Christmas present early." I pout but I don't have time to pretend to be sad or argue as he pulls me into his bedroom and shuts the door. As soon as I hear the click of the knob, he's kissing me hard. It takes my breath away and makes me dizzy in the best way possible. He slowly backs us up so I'm gently pressed against the wall with one of his hands behind my head and the other cupping my face. I ball both of my hands up in his shirt, too nervous to move them. I kiss back with all of my might, feeling like I'm on cloud nine as our lips move together. His move just a tad faster and I try to catch up but he's eager to be ahead of me, to be in charge here. I don't mind at all.

He pulls away and I catch a glimpse of his face when I find it to be absolutely mesmerizing; flushed cheeks and red swollen lips, freshly kissed. God, he's beautiful. I don't know what I possibly did to deserve seeing his face like this- deserving to be the reason he looks this way- but it must've been something really fucking good.

We're only separated for a few sweet seconds before he smiles fondly and gives me a quick peck.

"What was that for?" I giggle.

"Sorry, you just looked so pretty I couldn't help myself." I smile bashfully and feel giddy over his choice of words. If anyone else were to call me pretty, I'd feel terribly insecure, but with Ashton, hearing him call me pretty excites me beyond belief. I look down at my feet to hide my blush but he lifts my head back up by my chin. I expect him to say something but he just studies my face and kisses me again then pulls me into another hug. We rock back and forth before the hug ends. Ash makes every single day feel like we're getting married or something, I swear. That is something I definitely wouldn't mind.

"Ashton! Your friends are here!" Anne calls from downstairs. We look at each other with smiles before running out of his room back into the hallway to answer the door. When we open it, I have to do a double take. Calum is wearing a pair of elf ears and a funny little hat, and Mikey is wearing a Santa hat and beard.

"Ho, ho, bitch. Let me the fuck in, it's hot out here." Michael says, pushing his way in past Ashton who doubles over laughing. Calum follows Michael and stands next to him with a content smile.

"Merry Christmas, what the bloody hell are you two dressed like that for?" Ash asks through laughter.

"Well I'm Santa, and this is Santas helper." Michael explains, pointing to himself then to Calum. Calum just nods and I have to fight to breathe between laughs.