Chapter 32

I felt someone enter my room but I still tried to stay asleep.

"Good morning, button" mum whispered, I still didn't move. "Happy birthday" she said, planting a kiss on my cheek. "Thank you mum" I mumbled.

"Any chance you're going to get up today?" she chuckled. "Hmm, no" I sighed, turning over to face her.

"Okay then, you can just stay here while I enjoy Cate's pancakes" she smirked as she left the room. "CATE'S HERE?" I yelled, scrambling out of my sheets and chasing after her.

I made it into the kitchen and saw Cate standing there, putting stacks of pancakes onto plates. "Blankett?" I asked in confusion. She turned around and smiled at me, "Oh it's not just Blankett that's here" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around to see her.

"PAULSON! Omg, you brought Winnie!" I almost screamed, making Winnie bark. "Of course! I wanted to you finally meet her" she giggled while I stroked Winnie's head.

"Eat up Y/N, then we're opening presents" Mum smiled. I happily sat and ate the pancakes Cate made while we made small talk.

"I'm surprised you didn't wake up for the pancakes, instead you woke up for Cate" Mum chuckled. "What can I say?" Cate laughed.

We all finished up and made our way to the living room. I sat down next to Sarah and had Winnie on my lap.

Mum walked in with a huge bag. "Here button, these are from me and your grandma" she smiled. I took the bag and gave her a hug. I opened the presents and was extremely grateful. I got a lot of clothes, shoes and jewellery but my favourite was a picture of me and mum from when I was first adopted.

"Mum... I love it" I said tearing up, referring to the picture. "Me too, your Grandma picked it out and framed it. You look so young" she chuckled. "That's going straight on my desk" I smiled.

"My turn! Here Y/N!" Cate smiled, handing me a smaller bag. "Oh, Cate! You didn't have to" I smiled. "Believe me, I wanted to" she smirked.

I opened the bag and she got me Oceans 8 and 9 on DVD. Then I opened the bigger parcel and it was a scrapbook. I looked inside and it was packed full of photos we all took together in the order of starting oceans 9 to finishing it.

"Cate! I love this" I said, tearing up again. "I'm glad" she smiled, pulling me into a hug. "You can keep this forever" she chuckled.

"Y/N, I haven't gotten you anything physical but I wanted you to open this" Sarah smiled, handing me a card. I opened it and it read:

Happy birthday Y/N!

I spoke to your mom and she agreed to let me take you to my home town in Florida. We will be going there to meet Kelly and Rachel! But there is a catch which you'll find out about when we get there.

Lots of love, Paulson xxx

"Sarah?!" I yelled, throwing my arms around her. "We leave tomorrow" she chuckled. "I need to pack" my eyes widened.

"Button, you still haven't unpacked from LA" mum laughed. "Oh, well I'll just take that case back I guess" I said laughing.

Later that day, there was a knock on the door which confused me since I didn't think anyone else was coming. Mum quickly jumped up to answer it and she told me to stay where I was.

I looked at Cate and Sarah in confusion but they both just shrugged since they didn't know what was happening either.

"Y/N! I have a surprise for you" mum giggled as she came back into the room. She turned and gestured for someone to come in but to my surprise, Olivia Coleman, Vanessa Kirby and Claire Foy were standing there.

"Happy birthday Y/N!" they all said as I stared at them in amazement. "This is my daughter, Y/N!" Mum smiled proudly. "It's so nice to finally meet you, sweetheart. We have heard so many great things about you" Collie said.

"It's lovely to meet you all too! I can't believe you guys came for my birthday" I smiled happily. "We didn't want to miss it, lovely" Vanessa chuckled.

"Hey, I brought cake" Claire said, holding out a beautiful cake that was just waiting to be devoured.