Chapter 7

Helena's POV

I walked into the library hoping to see Y/N again. It's been so nice to have someone around that I can talk to like a normal person. All of the other teachers just treat me like a celebrity and I'm sick of it. Why did I ever become a teacher?

There was no sign of Y/N so I guessed she must be late today.

I headed to class hoping to see her there. Everyone began piling in and there was still no sign of her. "Okay class, I want you to keep working on what you were doing yesterday but this time, with props. I have a prop box in the corner of the room so choose wisely" 

"Karissa, can I have a word with you please" I asked to speak to Y/N's friend, maybe she will know where she is? I opened the door and she followed me out.

"Karissa, have you heard from Y/N at all today?" I asked. "No miss. She hasn't let us know she would be late. I've not spoken to her since yesterday's lesson" my heart sank. I'm sure she's not the type of student to not show up without a reason.

"Do you have her phone number?" I asked, she nodded and called it. Three times. Straight to voicemail each time. "Is there anything you want me to do Miss Bonham Carter?"

"No love, it's alright. Let's just go back inside" I smiled, trying to stay calm. Where are you Y/N?

I sighed and sat back down at my desk, checking the register. There are no notes to say why she isn't here, making me worry even more. 

I let the class go early and I ran straight to reception. "Goodmorning Miss Bonham Carter, how can I help you?" the woman behind the desk said.

"Hello, I need a student's address. She hasn't shown up to class and there is no note stating why. I'm worried about her" I spoke frantically.

"I'm not supposed to give out those details, I'm sorry" she said calmly. "Please, I really need to check on my student. There is something going on that I don't quite know yet" I explained.

"Maybe you should speak to the headteacher?" she suggested. She just frustrated me. "Thanks so much for your help" I said sarcastically. I made my way to the headteacher's office straight away.

I didn't even bother knocking. "Helena what is going on!" he asked as I burst through his door. 

"It's Y/N, she hasn't shown up to the lesson and I'm really worried about her John" I panted. "I'm sure everything is fine, students don't show up all the time" he chuckled.

"What kind of school is this?" I yelled. "You clearly don't care about your students! Didn't you notice the cut on her face? She told me she walked into a wall on the way to school but that isn't an injury that happens from 'walking into a wall'" I yelled.

"Well yes, I did see it. She was wearing a hoodie so I told her to take it off. She then gave me the same story. I just didn't think anything of it! She always has some sort of injury, she is quite a clumsy child" he exclaimed.

"DON'T YOU SEE! THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON WITH HER AND WE NEED TO HELP HER!" 

"Helena! Calm down, it's alright. What do you need?" he finally asked. "Her address please" I finally calmed down now that someone was listening to me. He stood up and raked through the files, finally finding her folder. He gave me her address and I began to walk away.

"Helena" he called before I made it to the door, I turned around to face him. "Please be careful, she lives with her sister as both her parents left. We've never met the sister in question, she never comes to any events for Y/N" 

I nodded and left, racing to my car. I started it and abruptly put her address into the satnav. 

I drove like a maniac to her house, I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over. When I arrived I wasn't sure I even got the right house. There was rubbish lying around the front and the door was open. I decided just to let myself in. It looked as though they had been robbed.

"Hello? Y/N" I called out, I didn't get an answer. I went into the living room and saw a young girl passed out on the couch and there was a few men also asleep on the floor. I was shocked, I hope that was not her sister but... who else would it be. 

I quietly made my way upstairs and saw a door at the end of the hall that read 'Y/N's room'

I knocked on it gently. "Go away Bonnie" I heard her sniffle. "Y/N it's me... Helena" I called out. 

I heard her shuffling around and then scraping against the floorboard. She finally opened the door, she looked so broken. "oh my sweet girl, who hurt you?" I started to cry.

I pulled her into a hug, "please don't cry Helena, I'm alright" she whispered, only making me cry harder. "Y/N!" we heard someone shout from downstairs. She began to shake. "You can't be here Helena, you could get hurt" she sobbed.

"No, I'm not leaving you here Y/N... it's not safe for you" I demanded. "Please, pack a bag" I said quietly as I heard someone coming up the stairs. 

"Y/N I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU HAVE SOMEONE UP THERE WITH YOU" her sister yelled. "Helena! Hide" she said, the fear in her eyes broke me. I shook my head. But before I could say or do anything, she pulled me into her room and shut the door.

"Helena please, you have to hide" she whispered. I reluctantly agreed and hid under her bed...