18 - Escape

Jack P.O.V

"What is that?" Merida asked, she was the first one to recover. Once the rest of us heard her voice, we recovered too. I recoiled away from the face in disgust.

"It's just blank." Anna mentioned, just stating the obvious.

"Is it skin?" Elsa asked, leaning an inch closer, trying to study the faceless man.

"Elsa, don't touch it!" Anna screeched, drawing Elsa's outstretched hand back. We all took three steps away.

"It's a mutant." Hiccup concluded.

"Thank you captain obvious." Eugene said sarcastically. "The question is, what is it doing here and who created it?"

"You did't let me finish."Hiccup replied. "I think that this is planned. Whoever sent these for us knew our abilities. They knew we could kill, like we did with this poor fella," He kicked the drone we had accidentally killed while fighting. Although I don't think it counts as killing anymore. "They must have created as a test and they didn't want to risk their own life until they knew what we could actually accomplish."

"Are you saying..." Merida asked hesitantly.

Hiccup nodded. "It's a test. We have to figure out how to get out. We already passed the physical part, and the mental part. They are probably keeping Toothless because that would be too easy."

We all nodded in understanding and gathered in a circle again, deserting the mutants in their pile. "But they killed two of us." Kristoff butted in.

Hiccup had to think for a minute. "They had to get something out of it." He concluded finally.

Eugene and Kristoff nodded again but looked solemn. I couldn't help but think of what Eugene said the other night about not feeling like a contributing member. Did Kristoff think that too?

Elsa caught my attention when she spoke up. "So what do we do?"

Rapunzel P.O.V

"The vents?" Anna asked.

Eugene shook his head. "Their are traps in there for infiltrators."

"Elevators?" I commented.

"They won't stop at this floor." Kristoff told me.

"Aren't there stairs here?" Elsa questioned.

"Yes... we already checked those. Some one jammed the door to them shut." Jack explained, rubbing the back of his neck. "And there are no windows on this floor."

"Who the heck designed this building?!" Anna screeched, causing us to cover our ears in protection. "Someone stupid, that's who."

"This is the main office level, we didn't want there to be any major ways to be infiltrated on this floor." Hiccup explained calmly. "In hindsight it might not have been the best idea."

"Ya think?" Merida asked, we all chuckled nervously.

"Well people, we have to get to work if we are getting out of here." Elsa took control. "Jack, do you think these guys are waking up anytime soon?"

"Not a chance." He confirmed.

"Great." She turned to us girls. "Scour the ceiling, check for cracks, loose boards, anything that could grant us a way out." We nodded and grabbed weapons while she turned to the boys. "You, head to the main office and tap into the system, try to contact anyone you can and find us a route out of this accursed floor."

Before we left, Anna grabbed her purse, whipping out eight headsets. "Always be prepared." She declared, passing them out.

"We'll signal if we find anything." Kristoff assured us as we turned and sped away, splitting up to check the ceilings.