10 - Working Together

Merida P.O.V

'Mission Accomplished' Punzie mouthed to me. 'Thank You' I mouthed back. She smiled and I turned my attention back to Hiccup. He looked confused.

"What's going on Mer?" He asked, looking from Rap to me. Crap, he's the smart one, remember Mer?

I placed a huge smiled on my face. "Nothing, what do you mean?" I asked innocently.

"Can I talk to you?" He looked around the room at our group, some of them were eyeing us not so sneakily. "Alone?"

I gulped but nodded. He took my hand and led me down the hall to his room. He opened the door and I followed him inside.

Anna P.O.V

Merida's make over had worked perfectly. I winked at her and saw Hiccup looking around, confused. He said something to her sternly but she just plastered a smile on her face and played with her hair, answering him quickly.

Then he stood up, taking her hand and they walked down the hallway to his room. As their back was turned, the three of us girls looked at each other and as soon as the door was closed, we shot up, running as quietly as we could to listen.

"Wait! I have an idea!" I whispered to them.
I raced back to my back, the boys were looking at us weirdly and I motioned for them to follow. I grabbed a listening device and three phones that were connected to it. I raced back, the guys got on my heels.

I set the device on the door and fined tuned it until I could hear what they were saying. Then I handed a phone to each of the girls and we walked back, listening to the conversation with the guys straining their ears to hear too.

I know this isn't cool but Merida would have told us eventually anyway, we would just find out quicker now.

I shushed everyone to be quiet as we listened. "What's going on Mer, just tell me the truth." Hiccup said.

"Nothing is going on Hiccup, don't worry." Merida assured him.

"Wait one second." Hiccup said.

"He's coming to the door!!" Kristoff whisper shouted and everyone shoved the phones away and started talking. Just then, the door opened and Hiccup stuck his head out, he saw that we were far away and seemed to be satisfied. He closed the door again and we all whipped the cellphones back out.

"Sorry, it's just that all of our friends are spy's." Hiccup said.

"Yeah, I get it." Merida replied but from the sound of her voice, I think she saw the device on the door, we've used it before. She knows that we are listening.

"So, are you gonna tell me why Rap mouthed 'mission accomplished' to you back there?" Hiccup asked.

I could almost hear Merida's blush. "It's nothing, really."

"If it's nothing, why did you spend thirty minutes in your room with the three of them, completely changing your outfit?" He interrogated.

He had her backed up in a corner and she knew it. We heard a muffled sound and then a exasperated sigh. "So are you gonna answer me?" He asked again.

"We were talking about how Anna, Punz, and Elsa are disappointed that the guys haven't kissed them yet. I dared them to kiss them like I did and they said they'd take me up on it if they could dare me." She explained.

I looked at all the girls, wide eyed. The guys were looking at us uncomfortably. "And that was that you had to dress up?" Hiccup asked her.

"Not just that, I had to get you to say I was beautiful, that's why Rap mouthed 'mission accomplished'. Merida continued.